Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed a more gentle transition to regen when coming off of cruise control with 4.4(standard regen setting). That and with my non-tech package, I used to be able to push the voice command button and speak a command for slacker, etc. It's gone now. I'll try a reboot to see if that's all it is.

Mr. T, Tesla T, suddenly appears?

Ok, a little unnerving. driving along this evening when all of a sudden my steering wheel screen goes black. The Tesla "T" appears. And regular service resumes in about 2 seconds.
No other symptoms.
Too short a time frame for a reboot. Nor was I fiddling with any buttons!
Day 1 of 4.4.
Anyone else seen this?

Ok, a little unnerving. driving along this evening when all of a sudden my steering wheel screen goes black. The Tesla "T" appears. And regular service resumes in about 2 seconds.
No other symptoms.
Too short a time frame for a reboot. Nor was I fiddling with any buttons!
Day 1 of 4.4.
Anyone else seen this?

Probably just a software crash. I'd report it to ownership.
I've not seen the instrument cluster crash before.

Well, sort of. I have been on 4.4 for about a week and 2 days ago I was trying to show my wife how to reboot the 17 inch screen by holding down the 2 wheels and all sorts of strange stuff happened. First the 17" screen went dark (as expected) but it did not come back on. After waiting at least 30 seconds the steering wheel screen also went dark. I drove along for about a minute with both screens off before I touched the 17" screen and it instantly came back on. The steering wheel screen then rebooted with the Tesla T logo appearing for a while before returning to normal.

Well, sort of. I have been on 4.4 for about a week and 2 days ago I was trying to show my wife how to reboot the 17 inch screen by holding down the 2 wheels and all sorts of strange stuff happened. First the 17" screen went dark (as expected) but it did not come back on. After waiting at least 30 seconds the steering wheel screen also went dark. I drove along for about a minute with both screens off before I touched the 17" screen and it instantly came back on. The steering wheel screen then rebooted with the Tesla T logo appearing for a while before returning to normal.

That sounds like you accidentally managed to reboot both, I think that can be done by holding both scroll wheels for an extended period.

I'm now on 4.4. Today did a range charge at home before a day road trip. I didn't have time to do a complete range charge, but for the first time the rated miles on my 60 kWh exceed 197. I actually showed 203 and I still had a ways to go before completing the charge but I ran out of time. I wonder if 4.4 finally fixed this bug in the 60s.

I'm now on 4.4. Today did a range charge at home before a day road trip. I didn't have time to do a complete range charge, but for the first time the rated miles on my 60 kWh exceed 197. I actually showed 203 and I still had a ways to go before completing the charge but I ran out of time. I wonder if 4.4 finally fixed this bug in the 60s.

About a 3% difference. Way to small a delta to conclude anything other than you cannot conclude anything.

You reboot both screens by holding both scroll wheels until the 17" screen begins to reboot and then hold down both top buttons for about 5 seconds.
That's not something you can do accidentally

Wanna bet? if you were overzealous and while pressing scroll knobs to reboot center console, you were also were pressing top buttons, you would initiate both at same time.

Has anyone noticed a more gentle transition to regen when coming off of cruise control with 4.4(standard regen setting).

Not really. I usually just press down on the accelerator a bit before disengaging the cruise to avoid the sudden deceleration. I used to do the same on my ICE cars, but find it a bit more crucial with the Model S due to it's re-gen capabilities.

About a 3% difference. Way to small a delta to conclude anything other than you cannot conclude anything.

Not a statistical issue. The issue is that there was a known bug in the 60s that prevented it from showing any rated miles above 197 even when doing a range charge even when the battery continued to charge. I wonder if anyone who has a 60 previously saw any number higher than 197 before 4.4.

Not a statistical issue. The issue is that there was a known bug in the 60s that prevented it from showing any rated miles above 197 even when doing a range charge even when the battery continued to charge. I wonder if anyone who has a 60 previously saw any number higher than 197 before 4.4.

Nope; all 60s, as reported here, were maxing out at 197 whatever be the ambient conditions and the charging source. Good to hear that it's been fixed in 4.4.

Nope; all 60s, as reported here, were maxing out at 197 whatever be the ambient conditions and the charging source. Good to hear that it's been fixed in 4.4.

I hope so, although this wasn't a bug that was high on my priority list. I am curious if any other folks with 60s had tried range charging since the 4.4 rollout and seen higher numbers than 197. I most certainly wasn't trying to suggest that we were actually seeing any better range from the battery. It was just the first time I'd ever seen a rated miles reading of north of 197.

I wasn't aware that we had HD radio in Canada. What market are you in? I seem to recall a couple of Toronto market stations tried it out years ago, but abandoned it.

I've had RDS data (mainly in GM cars) for years that'll show Artist and Song (or whatever the station decides to put in the stream - one station gives weather updates), but have never observed an HD signal. One of my past cars would auto adjust it's clock from a time stamp in the RDS signal, but the stupid radio station was always blasting out the wrong time! I called the station engineer who wasn't even aware that in addition to the text data they were sending out a time signal!

I'm in Toronto. Try out 95.3. It totally surprised me.