Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been seeing this since I moved up to 4.4 from the same 110V outlets as before (at work). Not a big deal but, anyone else seeing this?
104 volts is more than a 13% reduction in voltage from the expected 120 volts, so either the voltage drop has increased recently at the outlet you're using or maybe Tesla added the warning message in 4.4. It does seem awfully low.

Did my first range charge on 4.4 this morning:

- I really miss being able to just roll over in bed, grab my tablet and kick off a range charge rather than having to go outside and unplug and replug (like a caveman)
- It takes more taps than I'd like to start a charge outside the timer region, though that may have been colored by my irritation of having to be outside starting the charge
- The rated miles for the 60kWh seem to be fixed. I'm showing 207 mi at a nearly full range charge
- Time estimation for the range charge is worse than it was on 4.2. It was showing 2 minutes to go for about the last 2% of the charge, which takes more like 20 minutes

So, 2 regressions and 1 fix. Hopefully they can reverse that going forward...

Did my first range charge on 4.4 this morning:

- I really miss being able to just roll over in bed, grab my tablet and kick off a range charge rather than having to go outside and unplug and replug (like a caveman)
- It takes more taps than I'd like to start a charge outside the timer region, though that may have been colored by my irritation of having to be outside starting the charge
- The rated miles for the 60kWh seem to be fixed. I'm showing 207 mi at a nearly full range charge
- Time estimation for the range charge is worse than it was on 4.2. It was showing 2 minutes to go for about the last 2% of the charge, which takes more like 20 minutes

So, 2 regressions and 1 fix. Hopefully they can reverse that going forward...

Since 4.4 I have only been able to re-start charging from the phone maybe one time in five. Not sure why this is

Perhaps on a 85kWh car, but for 60s it's was 93% before and after the 4.4 upgrade.

What numbers are you using to calculate that? My car only shows 197 miles when it's range charged (at least it did last time I range charged it, which was with 4.2). But it was clearly misreporting, and I was able to drive a ways (roughly 10 miles) before it dropped below 197.

I'm seeing 185 rated miles on a standard charge, and EPA rating is 208 (which seems about right, based on my range charging experience), so that's 89%.

I'm seeing 185 rated miles on a standard charge, and EPA rating is 208 (which seems about right, based on my range charging experience), so that's 89%.

Are you using scheduled charging? The reason I ask is that I also used to see 185 every morning on my MS 60 but since I started charging at 4:00 am I have been getting 190 miles of range every morning. I was losing 5 miles of range every night by letting it sit that extra 10-12 hours after the charge completed.

We went out for lunch today and the temperature was in the 70's so I turned on the AC. When we returned to my MS, the car temperature was 85 degrees with both heated seats on. This is the 2nd time happened since I have v4.4 download. Did anyone experience this?

Are you using scheduled charging? The reason I ask is that I also used to see 185 every morning on my MS 60 but since I started charging at 4:00 am I have been getting 190 miles of range every morning. I was losing 5 miles of range every night by letting it sit that extra 10-12 hours after the charge completed.

I'm constantly logging the car's state via the REST API, and it's always 185-186 when it stops charging.

What numbers are you using to calculate that? My car only shows 197 miles when it's range charged (at least it did last time I range charged it, which was with 4.2). But it was clearly misreporting, and I was able to drive a ways (roughly 10 miles) before it dropped below 197.

I am using the REST API to check the state of charge. After a standard charge is complete it reports 93% SOC. You can confirm this by looking at the green charge bar on the phone app. The little tick marks are every 10% so it should be 3/10ths of the way to the right of the last tick mark. It has been 93% on my 60 kWh car before and after the 4.4 upgrade.

I expect that as my pack degrades, it will continue to stop charging at 93% SOC, even though that will represent less and less range.

For consistency and better understanding of the forum members we should be clear when we post percentages to indicate if we are talking about the SOC or the percent of the EPA rating on a brand new pack.

I am using the REST API to check the state of charge. After a standard charge is complete it reports 93% SOC. You can confirm this by looking at the green charge bar on the phone app. The little tick marks are every 10% so it should be 3/10ths of the way to the right of the last tick mark. It has been 93% on my 60 kWh car before and after the 4.4 upgrade.

Well, I just checked, and mine says 93% as well. Maybe that's being affected by the same bug that causes the range charge to be reported as 197 miles. Or maybe it really is 93%, because there's a reserve when the car shows 0 miles remaining.

Nope, last time was with 4.2.

I think you will find the max 197 bug fixed.

8688435824_2d0df14382_n.jpg

For those who may be wondering why you haven't yet received it, the v4.4 rollout was stopped. It will be replaced w/ v4.5, coming within weeks, as others have noted. If you have v4.3, just wait for v4.5.

Stopped for what reason? I got my car with 4.4 which has been operating very well (knock on wood). I'm actually more afraid of updates. Seems people begin to have issues when they upgrade. Partial or failed upgrades, corruption, etc. I'm gonna stick on 4.4 til I have utter confidence that 4.5 is stable and I gain some confidence in the update process.

Stopped for what reason? I got my car with 4.4 which has been operating very well (knock on wood). I'm actually more afraid of updates. Seems people begin to have issues when they upgrade. Partial or failed upgrades, corruption, etc. I'm gonna stick on 4.4 til I have utter confidence that 4.5 is stable and I gain some confidence in the update process.

I was told it was stopped due to a few bugs considered serious enough to halt the rollout. They may or may not affect everyone. I got the impression they just decided to incorporate the fixes into v4.5. It may or may not be true. With the usual fog of Tesla disinformation, take it with a grain of salt :).

A lot of times people just *think the update caused it, when it fact the timing is coincidental and they are reporting a known bug that others have previously reported.