Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point, Nigel, but it's always been set to on since I got the car.

Yesterday charging at work on a Clipper Creek CS-40, the display stayed off during charging and I was able to remove the J1772 handle and the charge port unlocked.

Today, using the same charger when I walked up to the car the dash was lit while charging, and when I removed the J1772 the port did not unlock. I had to open the car doors and hit the unlock charge port button before I could get the adapter out.

Check your "Walk-Away Lock" setting. That sounds like it's the cause of all your confusion.

Yesterday charging at work on a Clipper Creek CS-40, the display stayed off during charging and I was able to remove the J1772 handle and the charge port unlocked.

Today, using the same charger when I walked up to the car the dash was lit while charging, and when I removed the J1772 the port did not unlock. I had to open the car doors and hit the unlock charge port button before I could get the adapter out.

I've seen random behavior with the screens being on or off during charging. Not aware of any pattern to this.

Apologies if this is old news, but Elon commented during TesLive that we'll be seeing Wifi tethering (from your phone), wifi hotspot, and Navigation "north up" updates "very soon" Very cool & can't wait!
I certainly hope the "north up" vs car heading orientation is an option. The idea of having the map on that huge 17" screen twirling around seems potentially distracting.

i do not think this is 4.5. I've had same problem 4 releases ago getting car to release j1772 adapter. It works best if you use the tesla charging app to stop charge thus releasing adapter.

I have not bothered to use the mobile app or the console to unlock the charging port when using the J1772 adapter. If the charging port remains locked (charge port light remains off) after I remove the J1772 charger, I simply reconnect the J1772 charger back to the adapter until power returns and the charging light turns on to blue. The charging port will also unlock as a result, provided I have the key fob with me.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Noticed that the traffic on maps doesn't update very often. It can hold onto the current traffic tiles overnight in some cases. One way to get it to refresh is to switch to satellite or street maps (switch to the other one you're not using). This only works if you haven't used that tile set recently.

My workflow is that when I commute to work, i'll switch it to satellite mode so that the tiles get updated. And when I leave work, I'll switch to street mode if the traffic hasn't updated.

I'm hoping that they can add a refresh button to alleviate all doubts of stale tiles.

The new google maps for ipad and iphone have auto-update of traffic in real time. Hopefully Tesla can do the same so that no screen pressing is required.

Noticed that the traffic on maps doesn't update very often. It can hold onto the current traffic tiles overnight in some cases. One way to get it to refresh is to switch to satellite or street maps (switch to the other one you're not using). This only works if you haven't used that tile set recently.

My workflow is that when I commute to work, i'll switch it to satellite mode so that the tiles get updated. And when I leave work, I'll switch to street mode if the traffic hasn't updated.

I'm hoping that they can add a refresh button to alleviate all doubts of stale tiles.

It does, but not instantly. If you watch the screen, every minute or so you will see the traffic update and change. When you first go to the map, it has stale data. If you just cycle the traffic icon, you will get fresh data.

Yeah, I always have to be careful when I get in the car to drive home from work. I have two different ways to go depending on traffic, and I've been caught out glancing at the traffic and choosing the route only to notice it's updated after I've started driving the wrong way. Changing the zoom level also causes it to update, and I've gotten in the habit of zooming out to see more of the route. Like the night to day caching, it seems to have gotten better at updating in 4.5.