Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange Issue with braking system

On Friday I experienced what appears to be a known glitch with the car. At a stop light, the car indicated that it was off by showing the picture of the car and the charging status where the speedometer should be when driving. Seconds after the 17 inch display went out and re-initialized itself. The car was in fact still drivable but when the display came back up there were four errors total, three on the 17 inch display and one in the instrument cluster. On the display: "Traction Control disabled", "Stability control disabled", and "ABS needs service". On the instrument cluster: "Regen disabled". At the time I was only about two miles from my job. I continued driving to work and when there I forced the car to shut down via the controls page, everything came back up as normal.

After speaking to Tesla they said they had seen the issue before and were working a permanent fix. They provided me an update over the air v4.5(1.33.59) that apparently minimizes the occurrence but is not the final fix. This is the first time I've seen the issue and it appears its only a glitch that can be solved by turning the car off and back on. Not a huge issue to me and was pleased with Tesla's quick responsiveness to the matter.

I am still on 4.4, with no notification about 4.5. No big deal, since 4.5 apparently had some issues (that I think have been improved now). I mainly want the Supercharger location feature from 4.5. It would be nice if there was a Support page on the Tesla web site (only visible to owners through their account) where you could see the status and get some official information about the firmware release status.

My car was delivered on June 4 with the .38 variety of 4.5. It went in for service on June 13-14 to have the on-board charger replaced (it died on day 9..) and to get an alignment done (car delivered with really bad alignment) -- while there, they bumped it to .48.

But I haven't received any of the others flavors of 4.5... But let's bring on 5.5 ASAP!!!

I am still on 4.4, with no notification about 4.5. No big deal, since 4.5 apparently had some issues (that I think have been improved now). I mainly want the Supercharger location feature from 4.5. It would be nice if there was a Support page on the Tesla web site (only visible to owners through their account) where you could see the status and get some official information about the firmware release status.

same here. I've been at 4.4 since it was rolled out a few months ago. The feature I'm patiently waiting for is the slider bar for charging. On the other hand, I would hate to upgrade and end up with problems. It would seem that either very low VINs or new cars that were delivered since perhaps May have had 4.5. We're stuck in between.

My car (P14618) shipped with 1.33.54. They installed 1.33.59 today at the SC while replacing my main charging unit.

I've not had any significant problems with 4.5. Very minor things. For all I know these may be features (I've not tried any of this under 1.33.59 yet):

* The energy graph always resets to "instant" after the car shuts down even when I set it to "average"

* Bluetooth devices don't resume playing, but internet radio does.

* Cannot favorite bluetooth songs. (feature?)

* Plugging my phone into USB to charge it kills audio playback, but phone features still work.

* The charge door doesn't always open. It clicks faintly, and sometimes I have to try it 3-4 times before it opens. This happens with the cable button, iphone app, and console buttons. SC told me it's a known firmware bug.

* The car is remembering my house as a charging station multiple times and there is no way to delete these. My home address is now listed four times on the charging station screen and map.

We had 4.5 when we got it a month ago, but I noticed a week ago that the media app (when listening to any radio source) started showing the song name on the 17" screen. Until then, it would just show the radio channel, band, and album... On the dash it would show all that and the song name. It never said it was planning on or did an update, it just happened. It did say it was scheduled for an update tonight!