Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got .61'd today. No news.

verbing_weirds_language.gif

I found out some interesting information. Here is the direct quote from Tesla.

· Auto-present handles will not work if the car has not received an unlock event or a door is not opened within 24 hours.

· Walk-away locking will not work if the key fob is detected near the car for more than 5 minutes after a door event.

Why haven't they told everyone this kind of stuff? I thought it was buggy (and said so to other people) because sometimes it hasn't unlocked automatically. Thinking back, it was probably after weekends when we didn't go anywhere for more than 24 hours. They really need to communicate better to their customers!

.61 now shows my grey wheels on the 17" display (but still shows chrome on the smaller display).

When I use voice control button the steering wheel, I get a little burst of static out the speakers after I finish talking and stop pressing the button. Is that happening to anyone else?

I've had the issue with voice control on .48 and .61. It only occurs when I'm streaming audio via Bluetooth from my phone, it may even only happen when I'm using audible, I don't stream music from my phone often.

There seems to be a 1:1 correspondence between the first two numbers in the versions, e.g., 4.3=1.25; 4.4 = 1.31; 4.5=1.33; 5.5=1.35 Only the third number in the 1.xx.yy sequence changes for maintenance releases. To simplify references to software versions, how about we start mashing the two together - so instead of 4.5 (1.33.59) it becomes 4.5.59?
This approach wouldn't work for 4.0 and 4.1 which both used v1.19.yy numbers.
Model S software/firmware changelog - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

.61 now shows my grey wheels on the 17" display (but still shows chrome on the smaller display).

When I use voice control button the steering wheel, I get a little burst of static out the speakers after I finish talking and stop pressing the button. Is that happening to anyone else?

View attachment 26695

Updated this afternoon. Shows my grey wheels now, too. For the small display, just reboot it. As soon as I did it was showing grey wheels.

It seems to me that .61 just updated the new Supercharger locations. The new Florida superchargers are now in the GPS.

I had .59 yesterday and the new Fl Supercharger locations appeared in the GPS; so the addition of new Supercharger locations is not a feature exclusive to .61.

OT - On another note, I used a Supercharger (Port St Lucie) for the first time yesterday and it was awesome. Rate of chage got up to 284 MPH.

got .61 last night (apparently, I had to check via the Rest API to see what was intalled), but something weird happened - when I went out to my car this morning and got in, the center screen stayed black. So after waiting a minute, I rebooted the center screen. When it came back, AC and music started playing, and the center screen came up but was completely unresponsive (just showing the charging screen). So I unplugged the car and then rebooted again, and this time when the screen came back there was a pop up that said "Software Updated. Verifying Installation" or something close to that and the screen was again unresponsive. I plugged the car back in and the charging screen popped up again (overtop of the install verification pop up apparently) - and the screen is still unresponsive.

I'm hoping letting it sit for a while will fix it, but anybody run into this before?

I had .59 yesterday and the new Fl Supercharger locations appeared in the GPS; so the addition of new Supercharger locations is not a feature exclusive to .61.
To my knowledge, the only firmware (version) update that "adds" supercharger locations is the one that enables the feature. We have multiple reports of SC location updates without version changes.

I just got .61 this morning and I went ahead and installed it. It installed with no issues and everything seems to be fine so far.

Ditto. The drive home from work may illuminate any new behaviors.

I love the release notes, and I'm proud to show them off to future Tesla owners - especially software developers! - in my Tesla Times.
But a tiny bit more detail in those notes would be great. Like this:

v4.5 (1.33.61) No additional features, corrected minor issues (click here for details) [ with URL to detialed notes on Tesla's web site. ]

Installed .61 last night (scheduled). Previously had .54 (still V4.5). Seems to work good enough the get me the coffee shop and back. Strangely, the release notes were for V4.5 and told me about all the new features that I already had with .54.

One possible problem is the behavior of slacker playback under poor connectivity. I have a dead zone on the way to my coffee shop (much change coffee shops...) and it auto skipped to the next song after playing about 300 mS of the current song. Keeping an eye on it.

One possible problem is the behavior of slacker playback under poor connectivity. I have a dead zone on the way to my coffee shop (much change coffee shops...) and it auto skipped to the next song after playing about 300 mS of the current song. Keeping an eye on it.

I've found (on every firmware version so far) that Slacker gets worse (choppy, cutting out etc.) over time, but a re-boot of the center screen fixes it right up. I'm not sure if it's the 3G radio, the audio software or what, but a re-boot works!

Why haven't they told everyone this kind of stuff? I thought it was buggy (and said so to other people) because sometimes it hasn't unlocked automatically. Thinking back, it was probably after weekends when we didn't go anywhere for more than 24 hours. They really need to communicate better to their customers!

Mr. Snide (who is was a SW developer for 30 years) says it's because they started chasing down the bug and decided it was too much trouble to fix so they documented it as a feature.

I've found (on every firmware version so far) that Slacker gets worse (choppy, cutting out etc.) over time, but a re-boot of the center screen fixes it right up. I'm not sure if it's the 3G radio, the audio software or what, but a re-boot works!
Agreed. I think it's a local-side issue not a server or connectivity issue. Meaning, I think the Slacker component of the Media app has some issues.