Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the original v4.5 (.43) had the % numbers in there but, .44 (that I got) has the slider with no % numbers alongside. I was surprised to not see the numbers.

Maybe, Tesla's being cautious about it given variability of the rated range that different folks may see (post-degradation) for the same % and consequently have an issue with.

I took a quick look of the release notes linked by the OP of this thread and noticed the charging screen has changed a bit. Gone are the 30% to 100% selectable charge levels and replaced with two tick markers -- Daily and Trip.

My car was delivered with the .38 variety of 4.5 (ie the first one reported...).

The slider only goes down to 50% -- so looks similar to the pic you posted, just with % visible when you slide it...

I wonder if 50% is the lowest a 60 can go, while 30% is the lowest an 85 can be set? Or are they all 50% now?

I took a quick look of the release notes linked by the OP of this thread and noticed the charging screen has changed a bit. Gone are the 30% to 100% selectable charge levels and replaced with two tick markers -- Daily and Trip.
Interesting.

I guess the biggest change is that the minimum in "daily" is ~ 50%. Can you select something lower than the left side of "daily"?

I got the notice to install 4.5 this morning and have it scheduled. Hoping it's the "new" 4.5 (.48) with the bugs fixed. I don't know of any way to tell which specific version is "scheduled" to be installed. That would be handy feature so one could "hold off" on a known glitchy version.

I will give some feedback over the weekend after it's installed.

I received v4.5 (.48) last night. No fan noise. No problems to note.

Many have noted the "previous Charging Locations" addresses are slightly off. I have never experienced an inaccurate address on the iPhone App (especially my home address). It appears the Model S is logging different GPS data in the Model S than on the app. Does anyone know why this would be?

Installed 4.5 (.48) this morning and can confirm the noise from the display is real. To my ears it sounds like a fan is running constantly in the background thou there is also a "buzz" component to the sound (very similar to the ambient light "buzz") The sound is annoying enough that I will need to play the radio to mask the sound until a fix is found.

I still get the 60A limit message on the display when plugged-in to the HPWC. Sounds like I'll have to get a replacement unit from Tesla.

Funny... I do not get that message now. Thankfully. It was quite annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Installed 4.5 (.48) this morning and can confirm the noise from the display is real. To my ears it sounds like a fan is running constantly in the background thou there is also a "buzz" component to the sound (very similar to the ambient light "buzz") The sound is annoying enough that I will need to play the radio to mask the sound until a fix is found.

I don't get that sound, either.

Funny... I do not get that message now. Thankfully. It was quite annoying.

Since 4.5? I haven't tried a CS-90 charger since the 4.5 update, so it would be nice if that warning was gone (tempted to stop in Milton on the way home to see...)

- - - Updated - - -

Installed 4.5 (.48) this morning and can confirm the noise from the display is real.

No display noise on 4.5 here. I have really been paying attention to this since so many folks have mentioned it, but I can discern no difference from any of the earlier software releases. If I get my head right next to it, there is a very faint fan sound, but it is all but unnoticeable when sitting normally.

I got 4.5 (.48) last evening while visiting the in-laws in WA state. I did not notice the fan noise right away, but this morning, with the car sitting in bright sun and the interior temperature over 95ºF, I can hear it. I do not find it highly objectionable, but noticeable. I used an app on my iPhone to check the level of the noise, with the mic right in front of the touchscreen. It measured about 55 dB.

I suspect that what is going on here is that Tesla started getting some failures with the touch screen computer due to high heat, as the season changed, and is trying to optimize the tradeoff between adequate cooling and objectionable noise. I will see how it goes in the next couple weeks (we are taking a HUGE road trip soon), under various conditions, before I pass judgement on how that tradeoff is going in our experience.

All the other features are very welcome, especially the charge history. We do a lot of road trips (7k miles since Dec. with no commute), and many are repeats of previous routes, so having the record of the charge spots is fantastic.

I installed 4.5 (.48) this morning and the buttons on my remote are no longer locking/unlocking the car, nor do the frunk/trunk buttons work. Walking up to unlock (auto-extend) and walk-away lock are working fine, as are the iOS app and the controls on the screen.

Replaced the battery in the remote - no change.

So the proximity functionality is fine, but the buttons are not working. I will try remote #2 tonight when I get home.

Spoke with SC in Fremont and I set up an appointment for next Friday (for this and the annual visit - almost 15k miles!) - I am leaving town tomorrow and hoping that it doesn't develop any other issues while parked at the airport lot. At least they have chargers there.

It is a bit concerning that they are not able to roll-back an update when an issue like this occurs, as it could have made the car unusable if the walk up/walk away stopped as well.

Anyone else experience this?

Since 4.5? I haven't tried a CS-90 charger since the 4.5 update, so it would be nice if that warning was gone (tempted to stop in Milton on the way home to see...)

Yes, since 4.5. I installed 4.5 just before going to the Shannonville track, and was plugging into a CS-90 over and over all day long. I was very happy that the annoying message was gone!

No display noise on 4.5 here.

It might depend on what version of the touchscreen you have. Mine was replaced at one point and it is a newer version from the one that came with the car.

Ownership emailed me today: the reason why the update disappeared when you rebooted is because 4.5 was put on hold for a few weeks to ensure some of the bugs were removed and new 4.5 will be distributed late next week or possibly early of the following week. I am sure this is disappointing to hear that but it was decided it was better to cancel and resend the new update.

Ah, yet more waiting for 4.5!