Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have the fan noise previously?

That's my hesitation ... my car is about perfect at the moment.

EDIT:
Oh well, took the plunge: 1.33.54

Nothing noticeable right off ... but hey, I didnt notice the fan either.

Yep, same here. No real fan noise, but I wasn't sure what to look for.

Not terribly impressed with the new 2x map view. The traffic indicators are too "fat" and obscure the actual map. :-/

Awesome! The was driving me crazy too.

To those people not in software development: as a rule programmers want to make things easy for you to use. So, when you find a usability issue
1) Check the settings and help to see if you can change it
2) Ask on a forum to see if there's a way to change it
3) Report it and ask for it to be changed. (Users can get so used to things not being right that they'll ignore anything they can work around and then teach other users to do the same, never realising that some programmer just made a stupid mistake that could be easily corrected. "Select Do, select A, hit OK to dismiss the error meesage, hit OK again to dismiss the next error message, then finally hit OK and it'll complete.) If there is a setting you missed, you might get a response.

Just received a corrected version of 4.5 (1.33.54) this morning, and installed after I arrived home this afternoon. Good news to report.

1. The touchscreen fan issue, which was a problem for me on 1.33.44, is now fixed on 1.33.54. I sat in my 95 degF garage, and the fan wasn't even on. YAY!!!!!

2. The issue I noticed with poorly synchronized door handles appears to be fixed. On 1.33.44, as I approached the car the driver's side would extend about 1/2 a second sooner than the passenger side. I just tested auto-present handles twice, and both times they extended simultaneously!

So, two verified fixes so far. #1 was my biggest issue, #2 my third. My second-biggest issue--that a few times I came out to the car and the driver's console display was on--will require me to observe the behavior of .54 for a few days, but so far--nothing but fixes!

I believe the service manager told me today the 17" screen fan issue is fixed in .54 ...

I checked one more time, just to be sure. Car is sitting in my still quite warm garage (85-90°F).

Upon opening the door, the touchscreen was silent. Music to my ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish we could pull the updates ourselves, rather than waiting for their (mysterious) schedule.

Do you have 4.5? I had assumed that Tesla was pushing out the fix to those who received an earlier 4.5 update first--to fix their issues before sending it on to everyone else. That's because those that have the fan issue have had their touchscreen fan on constantly for several weeks now.

I checked one more time, just to be sure. Car is sitting in my still quite warm garage (85-90°F).

Upon opening the door, the touchscreen was silent. Music to my ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have 4.5? I had assumed that Tesla was pushing out the fix to those who received an earlier 4.5 update first--to fix their issues before sending it on to everyone else. That's because those that have the fan issue have had their touchscreen fan on constantly for several weeks now.

I have .44

Granted I've only had my car for two weeks, so my suffering hasn't been as long as the rest of this crowd. It would make sense that they push updates in order of VIN age.