Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New indeed. What's actually happening is that your settings are restored when you open the car door. When remotely activating HVAC, it'll be in full auto in order to achieve the desired temperature until you open the door.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I came here after noticing this for a while, kept meaning to drop by and see if it'd been reported. I didn't realize it was doing what you described, though. Well, just resetting when I get in is most of what I want...though I'd prefer it actually use the setting remotely. (Cooling the car in an exhaust-heavy area, yuck; I really, really hate the smell of exhaust, or other odd smells one can get through outside air depending on what's nearby.) But still, what they did is great; now I can stop checking/fixing the settings (or, worse, forgetting till I'm stuck in traffic and wondering what the heck the smell is!).

Thanks, Tesla. :)

car_version=1.59.56

New to me:
1. bar turns red at 17 rated miles
2. slacker no longer has the "small round thumb"
3. USB has a larger "round thumb" than before

At least 4 rated miles buffer below "0".

Tsktsktsk... how did you figure that out, I wonder...
I've driven mine about half a mile (likely less) "below 0" and almost died. Going four more miles I'd need a new driver seat afterwards...

As much as I like to test the limits of things sometimes, the '0' range limit is one I hopefully will never test.

Not everything goes according to plan. Life goes on.

On a related note... Montana is pretty this time of year.

good to hear since I'm pretty much going straight from TMC Connect to Glacier NP... unfortunately not driving the Tesla, because I'd have to miss TMC Connect to make the drive. The wife really wants to make a roadtrip in the Tesla too... 1 year in, and the furthest she's gone is to work. I went to Vegas w/o her.

1.59.56 would now display Chinese and Japanese fonts. I have songs with Chinese titles and singers names on my iPhone that would not display when the song is being play before. I went to the service center today and got a loaner and found out that the Chinese characters are displayed properly on the displays of the loaner. So I asked them about it and they said that they can upgrade me to the latest firmware and when I picked up my car in the afternoon, I confirmed that the Chinese fonts are also working on my car now. My firmware is now 5.11 build 1.59.56.

1.59.56 would now display Chinese and Japanese fonts. I have songs with Chinese titles and singers names on my iPhone that would not display when the song is being play before. I went to the service center today and got a loaner and found out that the Chinese characters are displayed properly on the displays of the loaner. So I asked them about it and they said that they can upgrade me to the latest firmware and when I picked up my car in the afternoon, I confirmed that the Chinese fonts are also working on my car now. My firmware is now 5.11 build 1.59.56.

Already mentioned 8 pages back: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/31560-Firmware-5-11?p=679023&viewfull=1#post679023

Still doesn't work completely for me. The seek bar doesn't show up. Does it for you? Also doesn't show up properly in album/artist/genre views -- only when browsing by folder. Is this the same for you too?

5.11 was loaded at the service center this week. Today I had trouble waking the car up. It was in the garage just sitting there. I get in and it displays a message about the systems powering up. Five sweltering minutes I'm still waiting for the car to boot up. Finally it started working and the A/C came on. Weird.

Later I was going to go back to the car, and decided to cool it down. Took five minutes for the remote app to connect.

Is sleep mode going narcolepsy in 5.11?

5.11 was loaded at the service center this week. Today I had trouble waking the car up. It was in the garage just sitting there. I get in and it displays a message about the systems powering up. Five sweltering minutes I'm still waiting for the car to boot up. Finally it started working and the A/C came on. Weird.

Later I was going to go back to the car, and decided to cool it down. Took five minutes for the remote app to connect.

Is sleep mode going narcolepsy in 5.11?

Doug, There was a thread over on TM forum where many people indicated the phone app was not working for them for several hours today.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/my-tesla-app-down

Last edited:
Doug, There was a thread over on TM forum where many people indicated the phone app was not working for them for several hours today.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/my-tesla-app-down

I was sitting in the car, not using the phone app.

After getting the car up and running I rebooted it. So far haven't had a recurrence. Interestingly, it's sleeping more often than it used to.

On previous firmware it seemed to periodically forget to sleep overnight before (can tell by vampire drain). Also I have to wait for the car to boot up more often now. But at least it hasn't kept me waiting forever since that one event.

Now this is odd... last night, for the first time ever, my Model S failed to charge overnight (set for 1 am) while plugged in. Quite certain it was plugged because I unplugged it this morning before getting in. Manually started charging when I got home and it's working normally.

Now this is odd... last night, for the first time ever, my Model S failed to charge overnight (set for 1 am) while plugged in. Quite certain it was plugged because I unplugged it this morning before getting in. Manually started charging when I got home and it's working normally.

Maybe you were not blinking green. Easy to go just a little light on UMC.

Could be the lower two small pins that need a little cleanup (contact cleaner) on either the charge port or UMC/HPWC. Give it a try. If proximity or pilot is not detected it would do that.

I look at the LEDs when I plug in to make sure it mates properly, due to previous problems. My UMC and charge port were replaced a couple of months ago so I doubt the contacts are dirty. This is why I thought maybe firmware issue. But if no one else has encountered any problems then maybe it's just a glitch.

Oh well... I'll keep an eye on it.

I had this happen once before and the car took several reboot attempts in the morning to wake up. I talked with customer support later that day, and they looked at logs and told me it was a rare occurrence of it not waking up properly, including at night for the scheduled charge. Only time so far. And just like yours, car was properly plugged in and ready to charge in the evening. It was after the first firmware update that let the vampire sleep, I don't remember the version number, and I'm to lazy to look it up now ...