Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going back to the ionizer. This will produce ozone and the hardware usually would include a plate that would collect the 'odors' that it has charged through the ionization process. This plate will need to be cleaned periodically. Does anyone with this feature have release notes that describes the use/maintenance required to keep the ionizer working properly?

I find the mobile app to be hit and miss anyway, so this may be unrelated to the firmware version. And I don't use range mode, because I value the (sometimes) immediate response. It feels like a Tesla server-side problem.

Never had an issue like this in the past so its definitely a v5.12 (1.64.22) bug, mobile app connects fine when awake but fails when its asleep, a few times lost the connection & was prompted to retry & the whole process starts all over again, on average its taking 5 attempts to finally connect, car is parked in the garage & using WFi like always.

Never had an issue like this in the past so its definitely a v5.12 (1.64.22) bug, mobile app connects fine when awake but fails when its asleep, a few times lost the connection & was prompted to retry & the whole process starts all over again, on average its taking 5 attempts to finally connect, car is parked in the garage & using WFi like always.

I assume you have rebooted the phone and the Tesla?

Tesla is aware of the issue (My SC sent me an email). However, they simply state that is takes longer to come out of sleep.

I told them that's not quite correct. I would strongly suggest an email from individuals to ownership @ teslamotors.com highlighting the issue with your VIN so they can be made aware of a more widespread issue.