Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sounds like you charge before the upgrade. That happened to me when moving to 4.9. As you know they used to let us charge to 72% of capacity but they've since dropped it to 66%

The change from 72% to 66% was because the formula for percentage calculation was changed. Amount of reserve below 0 was also reportedly modified at that time. This time, Tesla altered the algorithm again, and the % charge limit for 40s bumped up to 68% (as of my logs), but this was not enough to match the 5.11 range estimate.

The change from 72% to 66% was because the formula for percentage calculation was changed. Amount of reserve below 0 was also reportedly modified at that time. This time, Tesla altered the algorithm again, and the % charge limit for 40s bumped up to 68% (as of my logs), but this was not enough to match the 5.11 range estimate.

Thanks for the info!

We had the same issue. 3 reboots needed since the update 7 days ago. The sceen flashing was impressive, the car has not been used for more than a day and the flashing light in the car created by the screen going to with and black got my attention. Rebooted both screens. Next morning the center console had to be rebooted again...

Center Console Glitchiness?

Is anyone else seeing strange center console behavior after upgrading to 5.12 (.26)? I've had a number of strange things: maps freezing, loss of connectivity (but 5 bars showing), console flashing on and off during sleep. A reboot fixed each of these but it worries me that 5.12 isn't stable at all.

Slacker goes catatonic

Hmmm, this could be an issue with 5.12 or perhaps predating it. Not sure. I got 5.12 (.26) about a week earlier.

We did a road trip last weekend to the Methow Valley in the North Cascades in Washington. With the chargers that PI-NCW put in, it is a really easy EV road trip. We went through the mountains and had no cell service for about an hour. Slacker stopped work as expected. We got the message "slacker needs connectivity" (or some such). But when we got back to AT&Ts version of civilization, slacker still didn't work. No error messages, no buffering circle thingy, just nothing. Tune In and maps worked ok so we had connectivity. Rebooting the console (multiple times) didn't help. I've been out of cell service range before and haven't seen this problem so it could well be new in 5.12.

I called Tesla and they gave me a sequence that restored slacker. Basically the voodoo is: log out of slacker, reboot the console, factory restore slacker settings and then log back in. That worked and we had slacker once again. For the first time in a long while, I was actually glad to have slacker...

Thanks AR!
Good to know, I never heard of that before.

My coolant pump threw an error a few weeks ago and they have been postponing service until 6.0 rolls out, saying that the fix was in 6.0 and due by 9/1. It looks like they also may have rolled that fix into 5.13. The issue is with the sensitivity of the pump's sensors, not its function. In the meantime, service had engineering clear my error remotely and it hasn't reappeared since.

Many in Arizona are having this issue due to the heat. The coolant pumps are erroneously reporting errors to the mothership.

Many in Arizona are having this issue due to the heat. The coolant pumps are erroneously reporting errors to the mothership.

I'm to what sort of daytime temps your car is showing right now? We are experiencing some record highs here and I parked my Roadster in the sun for an hour yesterday - got back in and it showed 122F on the center screen. Model S has shown exterior temps up to 109F but fortunately no error messages on coolant pumps. (We're on 5.12).

Many in Arizona are having this issue due to the heat.
I also have a problem with my passenger window, when it is 100 and over, it takes 5 or more times to go back up. Costa Mesa looked at it and it always works there (the weather is always perfect there), I'm thinking of taking it to Cathedral City SC, and let it bake for a bit in the sun, so I can replicate the problem.

I was updated to v5.12 this Monday at the service center and have noticed a change not captured on the forum's change log. I was previously on 5.9, so this change may have taken effect with 5.10 or 5.11. Previously when I engaged the AC via the remote app, the car switched off of recycle and onto outside air (I always use recycle here in LA). So I would always have to switch back to recycle upon getting into the vehicle. With 5.12, the car remembers my air recycle setting.

First odd behaviors here (been on 5.12 for 1 week); my wife called as the center console is blank, I'll do a reboot when she gets home (she prefers not to do it while she's driving).

I think I've only rebooted twice in almost two years, I wonder why Tesla is still installing buggy FW v5.12?