Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firmware 5.6 (U.S.)

Just got the update to v5.6. The SC just replaced my MCU to fix the navigation problem, then tonight I got the notice to update. Took about 45min. Don't see much of a difference fro v5.0, except the street names are not upside down in facing up mode. I'll dig into it more tomorrow.

Anyone else in the states get it in the states?

In addition to the labels, 5.6 (vs. 5.0) affords the ability to turn off the power saving mode, and the brightness transition from daytime to nighttime mode and vice-versa is gradual instead of instant (to reduce distraction). While it continues 5.0's ability to connect via any Wi-Fi network (including a cellphone "tethering" capability), it does NOT provide tethering (Wi-Fi access) to the car's 3G connection.

Definitely - if they allow control of the Pano-roof, they should also allow control of the seat heaters...
(insert snide remark about Californians designing cars that are also used in colder climates...) :)

Not all of California is the stereotypical California that people think of. I woke up this morning to snow and temps in the 30's here in SoCal. Mountains are crazy. ;)

I also have 4.5, and just got the car back from service this morning without an update...

I had a loaner -- and it still had 4.5 on it. So I'm guessing Tesla will prioritize getting those on 5.0 to 5.6 before moving us 4.5ers up...

Man..am I the only one who hasn't gotten all these goodie updates? I'm still stuck on 4.5. The service center I talked to said they would put me on the list but nothing. I wonder if they will just update me from 4.5 to 5.6

Quite the opposite. Everyone who had 4.5 is still on 4.5 (well, with the exception of the bets testers of course, and they apparently aren't allowed to say that they are beta testers).

But most everyone is in the same boat you are in. Including myself.

Quite the opposite. Everyone who had 4.5 is still on 4.5 (well, with the exception of the bets testers of course, and they apparently aren't allowed to say that they are beta testers).

But most everyone is in the same boat you are in. Including myself.

ah, that makes sense. Thanks for shedding some light that Tesla won't shed. The service advisor did tell me to not to upgrade to 5.0 today because there were still a lot of kinks to work out and to just wait for now. Just wondering how long the wait is. I like what I see so far with 5.6

I got Firmware 5.6 Last night..

Not much changed from 5.0 except the navigation now works flawlessly..
SWEET

photo 1.JPG

Thanks for the report. More evidence that 5.6 OTA update remains a club only for those with a 5.x entry ticket. I look forward to this changing.

Yep. I've been stable with 4.5, but I'd like 120kw supercharging support. I'm going to the ribbon cutting for the Richmond supercharger on Thurs and it would be a better demo for the VIPs.

@Drjon:
Great, please report whether you also notice lower charging level in US - after upgrading to 5.6 in Europe I have noticed that I am only able to charge at 13A when connected to a 16A outlet, and 22A using a 32A outlet - all outlets 400V 3 phase. This results in longer charging periods as the firmware (has been confirmed by Tesla) in the chargers has been "upgraded" to prevent a rare error causing faulty connections and not being able to charge.