Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: No response as of today on my INCREASED range loss since going to 5.6 from 4.5
I proceeded to DISABLE sleep mode. Suprise, my losses went back down to about 10 miles/day, instead of 16-20 miles in a 6-12 hr period. Go figure @_@

I am going to call tomorrow (trying not to be a pest), and see if their is a solution, or if they can either downgrade me for now to 4.5 or upgrade me to 5.8

Yep, 5.8 fixed sleep mode for me (was broken in 5.6... I never had 5.0)

Before everyone leaves this thread for the v5.8 one I thought I would mention something I am seeing in v5.6
I Just got 5.6 the other day and when my car wakes up from sleep the center console Google map reverts back to the street map view.:frown: Before it went to sleep it was set to satellite view.:smile:
Has anyone else seen this?:confused:
Does 5.8 fix this?:confused:

Anyone else getting different numbers on the drivers console vs the charge screen in the morning? App shows the charge screen value.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 292
Before everyone leaves this thread for the v5.8 one I thought I would mention something I am seeing in v5.6
I Just got 5.6 the other day and when my car wakes up from sleep the center console Google map reverts back to the street map view.:frown: Before it went to sleep it was set to satellite view.:smile:
Has anyone else seen this?:confused:
Does 5.8 fix this?:confused:

Yes--I've noticed this, off and on. I just got 5.8 so I'll see if it fixes it.

Correct on the iphone. Close completely. Minimizing 'may' still ping the car periodically. I do have an 85 but my greater than 1 week experience with 5. x series is sleep mode only loses 1-2 miles in 12 hour period. To save phone battery I close all my apps completely every night so you may find closing the phone app may help with the vampire loss.

Why would you need to save battery? Wouldn't your phone be charging overnight?

Are you "hypermiling" it over several days or something? :wink: