Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8.6/7/8/9/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod Note: seeing as 5.8.8 is a minor update but seems to be rolling OTA, let's see if we can avoid repetitive posts of "I got it" or " I didn't get it yet". Thanks in advance.

I agree, but can we at least try to figure out whether there is any new or improved functionality in this release (as opposed to simply bug fixes)? I'm sure there are a lot of people who are trying to decide whether to accept the update or just wait until 6.0.

Now reported range is cuckoo and behaving really crazy, sometimes I charge at 90% and the number reports fine but the green bar is at 85% or sometimes reports the green bar at 100%, sometimes I come back to the car and I had lost apparently 60 miles in couple hours :), couple hours later got back the 60 miles and reports properly.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'll probably hold off on updating until the 6.0 release.

I agree, but can we at least try to figure out whether there is any new or improved functionality in this release (as opposed to simply bug fixes)? I'm sure there are a lot of people who are trying to decide whether to accept the update or just wait until 6.0.
A decimal point of a decimal point is almost certainly going to be bug fixes rather than new functionality. The new functions will be in the 6.0 major release. Why not accept the update even if it's "simply bug fixes?" I would prefer fixed bugs to unfixed bugs. If they're going to the trouble to put out another maintenance release of 5.8 when 6.0 is imminent, I trust there must be a reason for it and will happily install it when it comes.

It seems some people are never satisfied. Owners complain when there are bugs that aren't fixed, and then complain if an update is just for bug fixes.

I don't see anyone complaining that an update is just for bug fixes. Worth noting that there is a recent post up thread from an early recipient who complains of new bugs he/she didn't have previously.

Thank you, and a pretty significant new bug (apparently known by Tesla) at that. I have yet to refuse an update, but having a bug that miscalculates the rated range from day to day by 50 or more rated miles is one that gives me some pause. That and I haven't experienced any other bugs in my current firmware.

Thank you, and a pretty significant new bug (apparently known by Tesla) at that. I have yet to refuse an update, but having a bug that miscalculates the rated range from day to day by 50 or more rated miles is one that gives me some pause. That and I haven't experienced any other bugs in my current firmware.

yeah... Definitely. With my current daily commute, if I got that bug, I'd probably just park it at the service center and say "I normally get home with 20 miles to spare. If it is going to be mis estimating by 50 miles, it is too much to risk. Either roll me back to a previous firmware, or I'm just going to leave it parked here until you can do a rollback or update to the next firmware without that bug. I'll use my ford focus in the meantime."

I don't know if everyone will hit the bug I'm hitting with 1.49.90 or I'll be the only one, as a note I upgraded my battery from 60kW to 85kW about 3 months ago and they did update the car to be a 85kW, never had problem since then, I'm not sure if that has something to do with the latest firmware, what was weird when "I lost" temporary the range was that there were about 60 miles missing, my wild guess is that the firmware computed % of the range left as a 60kW and not as a 85kW.

I don't know if everyone will hit the bug I'm hitting with 1.49.90 or I'll be the only one, as a note I upgraded my battery from 60kW to 85kW about 3 months ago and they did update the car to be a 85kW, never had problem since then, I'm not sure if that has something to do with the latest firmware, what was weird when "I lost" temporary the range was that there were about 60 miles missing, my wild guess is that the firmware computed % of the range left as a 60kW and not as a 85kW.

Oh Jeez - its people like you that drive software programmers nuts. "What do you mean there is ONE person who upgraded a 60 to an 85 kWh battery out there? I have to have special code for that!!!!" :)