Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8.6/7/8/9/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My contacts no longer work. It just hangs on the "Loading" screen. I'm not sure whether it is because of this upgrade or our Exchange Server upgrade, both of which occurred at the same time. If no one else is experiencing this issue with 5.8.8 it is probably the latter, although the contacts on my Nexus 5 appear to be exactly the same as it was before the Exchange upgrade.

I just wanted to post a quick update that the problem had nothing to do with the 08 upgrade, it was the Exchange server upgrade that caused the problem. Contacts syncing perfectly now.

Me too. Went to the SvC Wednesday and they upgraded my S to 5.8.8, not 5.8.10. But that was after others were saying they already got 5.8.10. Looks like some of us are being left behind...

Perhaps in this case, you can't skip a release. That hasn't been the case previously, but because releases appear to be coming out more often, testing for every upgrade case might not be feasible.

Perhaps in this case, you can't skip a release. That hasn't been the case previously, but because releases appear to be coming out more often, testing for every upgrade case might not be feasible.

I went from 5.8.4 to 5.8.7 via an OTA update. Then, 5.8.7 to 5.8.9 at a service visit in early Feb and then 5.8.9 to 5.8.10 at another service visit last week.

I just got 5.8.10 OTA from 5.8.4

Fabio and anyone else on 5.8.10, can you confirm if Slacker works for you? Since I got 5.8.10 on Wednesday last week, Slacker's become pretty much useless; buffers forever and never plays anything. Contacted ownership who said that they haven't heard any other complaints about this but, I'd like to put that down to very few folks having 5.8.10.

Internet connectivity from the car is just fine. Maps, TuneIn work fine.

First, the Tesla-created Slacker account started throwing login errors. I then signed up for a Slacker Premium account but, no dice; got past the login problems but, that's about it. The account works perfectly for me from the iPhone app and I can play playlists nicely through Bluetooth.

Reboot didn't fix the problem.

Please confirm.

Just got the ota update to 5.8.8 y'all, I'll let you know how it is to be up and running in the latest and the greatest.

Joking aside, I finally gave in (after having it offered to me ota over the weekend), even though all I heard was downsides to 5.8.8 and the other recent release, but 5.8.10 hasn't seemed to have too many complaints. So I figured what the hell, I'll take this ota update, everyone's getting 5.8.10 now, so that's what it should be...

But, I got 5.8.8... Hopefully with less bugs than have been reported. Not sure why I got 5.8.8 at the time others were getting 5.8.10...wouldn't have updated if I knew it was 5.8.8... What the hell method are they using? Maybe they do need to be updated in order.

Luckily I have a previously arranged appointment at the service center this week if it does act funny.

Fabio and anyone else on 5.8.10, can you confirm if Slacker works for you? Since I got 5.8.10 on by Wednesday last week, Slacker's become pretty much useless; buffers forever and never plays anything. Contacted ownership who said that they haven't heard any other complaints about this but, I'd like to put that down to very few folks having 5.8.10.

Please confirm.

i can can confirm that at least for me, Slacker is working fine on 5.8.10. I get the occasional start of a song followed by a couple of seconds of buffering before the rest of the song plays, but I've had that on every release since at least 5.6.

Just got updated from 5.8.4 to 5.8.10 (1.49.95)

5.8.10 (1.49.95).png

5.8.10 Release notes.png