Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they're trying to save 3G bandwidth, it's more important to update the cars that have 4.5, first, since they don't even have the option to use wifi.
Oh, I'm not worried about it. I just remember there were discussions where people were upset about this statement in the 5.6 release notes so I figured it's worth mentioning.

I just found out about 5.8 from this thread tonight, so on a hunch I went to my car in the garage and it had an update message on it! I had just updated at the service center two days ago to 5.6, so I had a weak wifi signal connected in the garage (need to boost that garage wifi just for my peace of mind). Updating now...

Had the update option earlier today, assumed it was 5.6 and set it to postpone until 1 am so i could get dinner... Now I wish I could make it go through on my own.

Looks like they paused 5.6 roll out and en picked up where they left off with 4.5 people and getting em 5.x

several predicted exactly that.... Nicely done.

I just found out about 5.8 from this thread tonight, so on a hunch I went to my car in the garage and it had an update message on it! I had just updated at the service center two days ago to 5.6, so I had a weak wifi signal connected in the garage (need to boost that garage wifi just for my peace of mind). Updating now...

I checked earlier, based on all this buzz, but nothing.
Now as I'm headed to bed, what would be cool, is if I could check my app for notification, and then handle the update from the comfort of wherever my phone and I are at. I.e. Not having to get out of bed in the middle of the night (because, say the suspense could be killing me). Just sayin.

OK, now I'm really disappointed I couldn't stop by the SvC today as planned to get the firmware update. I assumed it would have been 5.6, but it might have actually been 5.8!

(Or boy am I glad I couldn't go to the SvC today to get the manual firmware update they offered to me, cuz it would have been 5.6 and I would have had to go in again just to get 5.8!)

Not sure which it is.

My car came back from the Service Center yesterday afternoon with v5.6.

This is the first time I'm sitting in the car after clicking 'install now'. Every other time I scheduled it at night.

Is it normal for the car to say "Car Needs Service. Contact Tesla Service." during the software update? I clicked Install Now and this is what is displayed.

I think it's normal but just want to check....

I'm sitting in the car now and display is black but lots of things going on.

I heard the chargers clicking on and off several times (or it could be UMC locking and unlocking).
Headlights came on and off a few times.
Controls on steering wheel blinked on and off a fee times.
Air suspension reset (I had it set to high earlier when I was checking the treads).
Door handles extended and retracted twice.
I could hear something like the AC turn on and off.
The audio system I could hear the speakers "turn on and off" (well some type of sound through them).
Puddle lights came on and off.

I think the system must be doing some kind of full reset and system check. Very interesting! Hopefully the install completes soon so I can leave and go to my Muay Thai training! lol

emepy8uz.jpg