Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That works out to 8 mi/day, which is comparable to 4.5. Loss over 12-13 hours should be 1-2 miles.

That's certainly closer to my experience. I didn't get 5.8 until a service center visit to replace a 12v battery a week ago, and the difference has been dramatic. I would routinely lose 10mi of range a day when parked on 4.5, but I've been experimenting while at home for the holidays. I haven't driven the car in three days, and have only lost 7 miles of range! That's a pretty amazing improvement, doubly so given that I've woken the car up once a day to check range.

That's certainly closer to my experience. I didn't get 5.8 until a service center visit to replace a 12v battery a week ago, and the difference has been dramatic. I would routinely lose 10mi of range a day when parked on 4.5, but I've been experimenting while at home for the holidays. I haven't driven the car in three days, and have only lost 7 miles of range! That's a pretty amazing improvement, doubly so given that I've woken the car up once a day to check range.

My experience is the same as you report.

The new 12v battery might be part of the reason. Could it be some of the vampire load is from continually recharging a bad 12v.

The toggle/reboot seems to have cured my regen issues as well. Thanks, phat78boy.

My pleasure.

I seem to be getting better mileage since the update. Possibly due to the less aggressive acceleration curve (assuming that's a real thing). I'm definitely tracking closer to my "rated range" than I was prior to the update.

I think those getting better range is the same problem that those of us with regen and acceleration have. Settings have been changed and it is not showing on the gui. For some it's for the better, others not so much.

:eek: I also did the toggling of the steering and regen settings and a screen reboot and wow. I don't know what settings my car was on before but it feels much better now. Slightly more umph on accel, better steering feel, and more responsive regen. My big concern is why were the stings messed up to begin with and the touch screen not providing the correct settings?

Thanks to those on here that caught this. Reset every OTA it is.

In not sure if this is related but when I got home my charge port was possessed. Parked the car, plugged the umc in and the port stayed white. Took it out and plugged back in several times with no luck. Left it plugged in and locked the door then finally the charge port turned blue. After a minute or two it turned back white. WTF. I rebooted a few times unplugged umc from wall replugged it in and once it turned blue I bypassed the delayed charge and did a charge now. It's been charging for a few hours. Anyone else experience this?

In not sure if this is related but when I got home my charge port was possessed. Parked the car, plugged the umc in and the port stayed white. Took it out and plugged back in several times with no luck. Left it plugged in and locked the door then finally the charge port turned blue. After a minute or two it turned back white. WTF. I rebooted a few times unplugged umc from wall replugged it in and once it turned blue I bypassed the delayed charge and did a charge now. It's been charging for a few hours. Anyone else experience this?

Yep. The SC replaced my UMC twice and on the third attempt, replaced both the UMC and the Charge Port itself. Problem seems to have been solved.

Those lights still come on.. I can attest to that.. Just can't figure out why they come on sometimes and sometimes not.

So just to be clear, what light pipes are we talking about? The "eyelashes" surrounding the headlights, or the "sideburns" on the lover air dam adjacent to the cornering and fog lights?

I tested this morning, and I didn't see the eyelashes come on when I unlocked, but thought maybe the sideburns had... but it might have been reflection as well. I'm going to try again tonight after dark.

Also I'm assuming that fob-press vs. proximity activation doesn't matter?

I need some clarification. when my car was on ver 4.5, the rated miles on the speedometer and the average projected miles in the energy chart (center console) would be equal when the average watt/mi = 302 . Since the 5.8 update, the two are equal at an average watt/mi of 290. Why the change? Am I the only one who noticed this? If we don't have a consistent measurement for rated miles (using a constant watt/mi), how are we going to track degradation?

- - - Updated - - -

I need some clarification. when my car was on ver 4.5, the rated miles on the speedometer and the average projected miles in the energy chart (center console) would be equal when the average watt/mi = 302 . Since the 5.8 update, the two are equal at an average watt/mi of 290. Why the change? Am I the only one who noticed this? If we don't have a consistent measurement for rated miles (using a constant watt/mi), how are we going to track degradation?

So just to be clear, what light pipes are we talking about? The "eyelashes" surrounding the headlights, or the "sideburns" on the lover air dam adjacent to the cornering and fog lights?

I tested this morning, and I didn't see the eyelashes come on when I unlocked, but thought maybe the sideburns had... but it might have been reflection as well. I'm going to try again tonight after dark.

Also I'm assuming that fob-press vs. proximity activation doesn't matter?

I'm talking about the little "sideburn" pipes down in the cluster that houses the turning lights and log lamps, not the DRLs in the headlight housing. They used to come on when I used the fob to unlock, but not when I approached. Now they don't come on in either case. But they still work when driving. (I can see them reflected in windows and cars in front of me)

I'm talking about the little "sideburn" pipes down in the cluster that houses the turning lights and log lamps, not the DRLs in the headlight housing. They used to come on when I used the fob to unlock, but not when I approached. Now they don't come on in either case. But they still work when driving. (I can see them reflected in windows and cars in front of me)

Ah, OK... thanks. I almost always used the proximity unlock, so didn't notice any change... I'll try tonight.

(incidentally I think we just named those lights ;) )