Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manual change from 5.8 1.49.25 to 5.8 1.49.30

Just found out that the new 1.49.30 update contains an updated manual section about the "Active Height Suspension" that is now called "Smart Air Suspension".

They removed the now "obsolete" info about height based changes relative to driving speed.

Screenshot from 5.8 1.49.25
v3oj.jpg

Screenshots from 5.8 1.49.30
3ycc.jpg

b6h0.jpg

My car which was plugged in and considered itself completely charged up to that point (Charge Complete message on the screen although it really wasn't fully charged to my programmed level) started charging immediately after the update completed. I am hoping this update gives me back my scheduled charging capability, without going out of my way to test that I will know tomorrow morning.

I did the update last night, no charging issues or having to reboot issues. I got the battery is heating message while driving for the first time today, despite having driven it in weather that was 10 deg F colder. Not sure if there is a change there or not.

I have a 12V warning and the SC / engineers traced it via log files to a known issue with 5.8 and scheduled charging in cold weather (< 41F). I started a thread on it.

I've been using scheduled charging for a week on 5.8 (.24 and now ~3 days .29, right now updating to .30) and the outside temp has been well below 41F (5C) with the lowest being -2C and I've had no issues with scheduled charging.

Just found out that the new 1.49.30 update contains an updated manual section about the "Active Height Suspension" that is now called "Smart Air Suspension".

They removed the now "obsolete" info about height based changes relative to driving speed.

Screenshot from 5.8 1.49.25

Screenshots from 5.8 1.49.30

Nice work Kalud! Thanks for sharing those pics. I never even realized the logic rules for height adjustment were so clearly defined in the manual.

Got 5.8.49.30 two days ago.

'Starting' / waking up the car is much faster now... the dash starts immediately. Energy saving is On and vampire losses are the same as .22 (~4 miles per 12 hours). Rebooted everything to make sure.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

Got 5.8.49.30 two days ago.

'Starting' / waking up the car is much faster now... the dash starts immediately. Energy saving is On and vampire losses are the same as .22 (~4 miles per 12 hours). Rebooted everything to make sure.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

I've had .22, .25 and .30. I didn't see any difference in wake up time among them. It is still about the longest 5 seconds I know.

I downloaded .30 and now I get the deflating balloon sound...

Seems unlikely to me that the firmware update would be responsible for that, since it is apparently caused by Lorenz (magnetic) forces between the power cables/connectors. That's very much a hardware phenomenon.

I found my balloon sound has slowly gotten "worse" over time, in that it used to only happen at full throttle and even then didn't always happen... and now it always happens on moderately hard acceleration, above about 80 kW. So it's possible that its just slowly developed on your car, and its "appearance" is just coincident with the download.

Cruise control became completely inoperable in the middle of my trip today. Car is on .30 release. It was working fine for the first 30 minutes of my trip but then, after taping the brake and dropping out of cruise, it would not reengage. I tried turning cruise control off and one. No dice. After I finished my trip I rebooted the dashboard and cruise control was fine on the way home.