Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called ownership services in attempt to fix the Bluetooth problem which appeared after the 5.6 update performed on my car last week at the SC (during the fog lights retrofit).

The ownership said that the Bluetooth mulfunction is a known 5.6 common problem which supposed to be fixed with 5.8. They also told me that 5.8 upgrade supposed to be pushed to all cars by the end of today.

This is good to hear! Can't wait to get my 5.8 upgrade now.

Was on 5.0 so with wifi updating to 5.8 took about 25 minutes. usual lights & screens flashing on & off with some clicking noises, center display warns car needs service, don't be alarmed..it goes away once you press the brake peddle & start the car.

I went directly from 5.0 to 5.8 this morning. My car is always parked in Wi-Fi zone at home. One other difference between 5.0 and 5.8 is that the heading up navigation now doesn't suffer from the road names being upside down when heading south. The road names are rendered separately from the map tiles, and are always kept consistently facing the driver in a readable format.

Really excited to get some miles under the belt with this new version!

I had a problem with my MS. Called Tesla was told 5.8 roll out to everyone within two days! YEA!

For my problem, I had to restart 17" screen hold down two roller bars until the screen is black. Then reset the driver screen by holding down the two buttons above the rollers on the steering wheel tip the screen went black.