Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have V5.6 and waiting for the V5.8 update. I’m also connected to my home WiFi network. I also have my car in energy saver mode so it sleeps all the time. When I open the car door and the displays are active, the car says that it’s connected (to a very weak) 3G signal. I have to touch the 3G icon and reselect the WiFi network for it to connect. So I wonder how I’m going to get the V5.8 update when my car is not connecting to my WiFi network when asleep. I decided to turn sleep off tonight to see if I’ll get the update.

TPMS button: push it and it begins the cycle to re-learn the sensors. You must then drive the car about 10 miles or so at > 25 mph to get all the sensors to report. It doesn't learn specific wheel locations, so you don't need to press it when you rotate tires. As a result, it still won't show you which tire is low.

But having the ability to relearn the sensors? It's a great capability. The service centers were swamped with TPMS reset requests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought my car in for some issues today and they loaded 5.8. Had 4.5.
OK, now I'm really disappointed I couldn't stop by the SvC today as planned to get the firmware update. I assumed it would have been 5.6, but it might have actually been 5.8!

(Or boy am I glad I couldn't go to the SvC today to get the manual firmware update they offered to me, cuz it would have been 5.6 and I would have had to go in again just to get 5.8!)

Not sure which it is.

Tesla58.jpg

Wonder what necessitates this? Wheel position dependent programming?

I'm pretty sure that's talking about the pressure threshold. Cold pressure for 19" wheels is 45 pounds, for 21" wheels it is 42 pounds. Tesla service can adjust that.

I guess this update is going to save Tesla a Ranger visit. I asked them for a TPMS reset when I switched to snow tires.