Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 5.8 downloaded lat night with the install msg waiting for me this morning. Although I'm set up for my WiFi connection, the car doesn't seem to always want to autoconnect (at least quickly) after I pull in to the garage, so I don't know if I pulled it via WiFi or 3G.

The other interesting thing is that I had a red charge port ring when I unplugged this morning... and it appears my charging was interrupted last night. I quick re-plug shows white-then-blue, so it appears to be behaving now... but I actually haven't charged yet. I don't know if this was an anomaly with the 5.8 download, or if I am about to start having charging issues...

Excellent. Will be worth the wait. happy for you. Al

- - - Updated - - -

When you think about it, the 5.6 to 5.8 upgrade helps with the areas of the country affected by snow. Wiper maintenance (Yes) and many people switching out summer tires for winter tires at this time (TPMS-Yes). You are correct in wanting a 'snow mode' to raise the car on demand. Hopefully that will be in 5.9 or 6.X.

I received 5.8 last night. The timing couldn't have been better. I installed my snow tires last week and was about to make an appointment with the SC to get the toms reset.

Me too. I know you were one of the first S60 owners like me. I wonder if there is something about our models that is holding up the upgrade.
I have an S60 that was built in Apri/May, based on VIN. I got 5.6 at the service center and 5.8 this morning.
Hans, I think you should drop by a service center and ask them nicely for 5.8...
I'm finally back from two weeks in Asia and will work on stopping the streaming client from keeping the car awake :-(

Me too. I know you were one of the first S60 owners like me. I wonder if there is something about our models that is holding up the upgrade.

Well, Kipernicus, whose S60 was built in the same week as ours in January, did get 5.6 OTA.

Tesla's taunting me to make that service center visit and to get that "annual" service done now that I'm at well over 14k miles. Must... resist... till my target of 20k miles... Or, justify it with a tire rotation job alone.

Well, Kipernicus, whose S60 was built in the same week as ours in January, did get 5.6 OTA.

Tesla's taunting me to make that service center visit and to get that "annual" service done now that I'm at well over 14k miles. Must... resist... till my target of 20k miles... Or, justify it with a tire rotation job alone.

I feel so un-loved by Tesla. I was one of the very early reservation holders (reserved in Apr 2009). I then upgraded to Signature in 2011. I've had my car for more than a year now and have done the annual service (yeah, I have pre-paid service for 4 yrs). And STILL I seem to always be last with updates. I'm on 4.5 and no updates in sight.

Now I've made you all cry - sorry. :crying:

Just did the 4.5 -> 5.8 update. One word of caution- you might want to turn the stereo off before you start the update. Part way through the update, slacker fired up at full door-closed volume and there was no way to shut it off or turn down the volume.

Now that they've added wiper maintenance mode, I've learned the wipers only lift a little ways away from the windshield, and they snap right back (don't hold themselves away from the windshield). I was hoping I would be able to stand the wipers up to make cleaning the windshield easier, but no dice. Wiper maintenance mode helps a little bit, but not nearly as much as I'd hoped.

I called ownership services in attempt to fix the Bluetooth problem which appeared after the 5.6 update performed on my car last week at the SC (during the fog lights retrofit).

The ownership said that the Bluetooth mulfunction is a known 5.6 common problem which supposed to be fixed with 5.8. They also told me that 5.8 upgrade supposed to be pushed to all cars by the end of today.