Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the notification to go from 149.25 to I think 149.30, can anyone tell me what the changes are.

It was reported here that there is an issue with 12V battery drain, its probably that small fix being pushed:

They said the issue is that with shore-power battery pack warming (a new feature?) at times the contacts remain open and can drain the 12V battery. A fix is supposedly going to be pushed soon.

In the last 10 days I've had 3 updates - first to .22 OTA, then to .25 at the service center and last night to .30 OTA. Haven't noticed anything different. One buglet with .30 was the 3G strength meter was stuck at 1 bar. A reboot cleared that up.

One complaint, after an upgrade, slacker search data is cleared out. Now, it also looks like a console reboot clears the search data as well. That is pretty annoying. When do we get Pandora???

How long did it take for an update? This is my first update, but it appears to be frozen?

I tried to reboot with the two steering wheel - wheel buttons held...but no response.

How else can you get out of the update screen? Is there another way to reboot?

Thanks.

From another thread on here:

Alysashley79

"I had this pushed to me on Monday at the SC here locally. This is a bug fix for for schedule charge in cold weather. In extreme cold weather like <35 degreesF sometimes the car didn't want to wake up so this should take care of that problem. Or at least that is what the SC mgr told me. "

We had situations like that here in Dallas last week. The car's ext temp showed 30F IN THE GARAGE and was a bit sluggish waking up. Upgrade away, baby!

I just realized that battery UI now shows light/door status. that was on about screen but has been missing since 5.x update...

I knew that about screen showed these stauts but I did not know about battery UI. it may have been there before but new to me.

Capture.JPG