Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Software Update - Could this be 5.9????

Going through the process right now. I wonder what new features this has in store.
This update screen didn't have any specifics on the firmware revision or features....

Could this be 5.9????

I can confirm that .30 does *not* fix the ambient light buzzing.

(BTW, is this a problem on newer cars?) If you're not familiar with it, if your headlights are on and your touchscreen brightness is set to 86% and below (that's the exact threshold on my car--starting when going from 87% to 86%) you can hear a faint buzzing noise. Turning up the brightness, turning off the ambient lights, or turning off the headlights will stop the noise.

Otherwise, I had zero issues with the install itself or anything after it. Did not need to reboot at all.

I can confirm that .30 does *not* fix the ambient light buzzing.

(BTW, is this a problem on newer cars?) If you're not familiar with it, if your headlights are on and your touchscreen brightness is set to 86% and below (that's the exact threshold on my car--starting when going from 87% to 86%) you can hear a faint buzzing noise. Turning up the brightness, turning off the ambient lights, or turning off the headlights will stop the noise.

Every loaner car I have had has worked properly WRT ambient lights. Mine does not, but Tesla denies the problem repeatedly during my service visits. It stinks not being able to use that feature.

Hey guys, I just found out from the SM that rev .30 ups the amps on the USB ports, too. 2.1A for the driver's side and 1A for the passenger side.
No more need to have the higher amp charger stuck in my 12V socket now! W000T!

Also, the .30 update discovered that I have a malfunctioning (mechanical) passenger rear door exterior handle actuator. C'est la vie.

And yeah, I would LOVE to get a line-by-line breakdown on what these updates fix. Of course, if this was normal software/hardware OEMs, you'd get a large list of good and bad. Maybe Tesla only wants us to see the new whizzbang enhancements.

1.49.30 now rolling out in Europe as well, took under 30 minutes to install (from .29)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387271413.033601.jpg