Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
goes to show how solid the beta testing program is: beta testers have kept it a secret for past few months even from Tesla Service Centers... wow
Did they? My service center told me exactly what was coming in the next release two weeks ago. Everything they listed was right on, down to the larger text on the dash and the non-descript browser improvements.

We had heard nav updates and returned air functionality would arrive at the same time as "6.0", so I didn't really believe them, but they were right on. They thought it would maybe be out last week, though, but said they weren't really sure.

Based on the very limited number of folks reporting their experiences, I'm still not convinced that 5.9 is officially released

I agree based on the limited number of people reporting it. The removal of the air suspension created such a stir/debate you would think TMC would be buzzing with everyone talking about 5.9 if it were out in force. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

Just a thought, do most people have their cars connected to their home wifi? When I connected my car to my home wifi, it said I would get updates quicker than others, as they would be pushing them to wifi people first. Maybe that's why?

The 5.x series added Wifi connectivity and TM stated at the time that peoiple with wifi would get updates pushed to them first.

Based on the very limited number of folks reporting their experiences, I'm still not convinced that 5.9 is officially released

My car had a screen message this morning saying that a new release was available for download. I am in San Mateo CA and my car is 4 months old. Since I had to get to work I scheduled it for this evening at 8pm when the car is on my home wifi network.

Every night that my car is parked at my house it connects to my wifi, so no doubt Tesla is aware of that.

Yes, I actually did receive v5.9, but I didn't reply because I was still out driving around looking for a hill. I gave up. I can't find one.

v5.9 also has something for "Cold Weather". We also don't have that in Florida either.

Hysterical!

I've been on 5.6 since the inception of time. I have been receiving daily reminders to update, and have declined each time. My children keep saying "just do it already!" With 5.9 seen in the wild, I decided to update today. Received 5.8.10 :cursing:

I agree based on the limited number of people reporting it. The removal of the air suspension created such a stir/debate you would think TMC would be buzzing with everyone talking about 5.9 if it were out in force. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

Ranger is coming tomorrow to give us a loaner and take our car in for service. If the loaner has 5.9 I will report on it, or if our car comes back with 5.9 I will report too unless it's obvious that everyone is getting it