TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 6.0 and Home charging location

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by julioalonso, Oct 17, 2014.

1. julioalonso

julioalonso Member

I have noticed since upgrading to version 6 that the charging location in the map that corresponds to my house is off by a bit. Also if you click on it on the map it is giving a different address, a couple of houses away. Is it only happening to me or has anyone else noticed it? Is it a bug or a feature to preserve your address in case of someone stealing your car?

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Mine has never been 100% accurate and I just attributed it to GPS accuracy.

3. julioalonso

julioalonso Member

Maybe I was just lucky then. Weird though, that it did change after the version 6 upgrade.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

One thing that is actually better now is the fact that the car isn't storing numerous locations for my home. I used to have a half dozen or so "pins" on the map all around my address from charging at home. Now there is only one.

5. stevej119

stevej119 Member

Mine shows the correct location on the map, but lists the address incorrectly.

6. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Mine shows 11 pins for charging locations around my house and the number is still climbing. After adding several very quickly after I erased the originals, I now seem to add a new pin about once a month or so. I even have 2 pins for the Service center after my early December service. The newer pins seem to be getting further away from my house too. My wife's Model S shows only one pin for the home.

7. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

I have always had one location which is 6 off from my actual address. Very happy with that.