TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Firmware 6.0 (beta version discussion)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by VHS-or-Beta, Aug 19, 2014.

1. VHS-or-Beta

VHS-or-Beta New Member

I'm not the posting sort (more of a lurker), but my friend said y'all be interested in these. Hope it's the right place for them.

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG Capture5.JPG

Enjoy, and aloha!
    Pete.

2. BlueTan85

BlueTan85 Member

No music/playlist/Bluetooth enhancements? Bummer.

3. highedu

highedu Member

I'm surprised folks are not all over this given the interest in 6.0.

Does this mea 6.0 is slowly rolling out now? How did you get the screenshot?

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Glad it's rolling out. Should help manage expectations.

5. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

this is great news... doesn't seem as revolutionary as hoped for previously..

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

With all the group-think the forum did on what might be available in V6.0, it was inevitable that people would express disappointment instead of excitement over the new features. You won't be the only one, I'm sure. But (as usual), we built up our expectations, including creating wish lists and such, until it became almost a certainty in our collective minds.

This is some great stuff! Celebrate!

7. Eikrokei

Eikrokei Member

I'm rather shocked by the fact that you'll be able to start the car with the mobile app, is this really a good idea? Convenient, but worrying from a security standpoint.

8. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

My initial thought as well.

So a username and password allow you to locate a car via the API and also start it. Turn off mobile access and gone you are.

9. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Thanks for posting pics!

Kinda dissappointing. They don't write about whatever bugs have been fixed though... I'm sure there are plenty but it seems like their policy to not mention this.

The wait for 6.1 starts :)

Not to talk about 7.0

10. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

The ability to turn off mobile access (or turn it on) needs to be password protected.. That's the real issue

11. spentan

spentan Active Member

Is it rolling out ota?

12. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

I'm pretty excited for the advanced warning on traffic at home and at the office. Commuting in and out of Manhattan means I always have at least four options, but knowing which is best (before Waze) was the real magic. Waze is ok, but eats the phone battery and has an unhealthy love for the Brucker. The more integrated experience should be at least a nice option, even if I don't use it every day.

The calendar integration seems like a decent bit of functionality, though not sure how much I will use it.

It will be interesting to see the impact of the night sleep and the always on internet connection.

13. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Priceless if you've driven off, leaving your key fob somewhere at home.

14. zax123

zax123 CDN Model S P308

Maybe there IS shuffle on the music player and they just didn't write it. :p

Regardless -- hooray for v6!!

15. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

New maps! Pushed separately over wifi only. Good news there for those of us with major changes on our routes.

Too bad the seemingly simple "valet mode" didn't make the cut.

16. Crispix

Crispix Member

Head asplode! I haven't been following this thread at all so this is the first time I've heard of any of these features! Nav and iPhone updates sound really really good. And for some reason the thought of being able to start the car from my phone (without a key fob) has me giggling.

17. tomas

tomas Traded in 9 rep bars for M3, used to be somebody!

I suspect that if they had added enhancements to media player (vs. just fix bugs) it would be on release notes. I'm just hoping, hoping, hoping that they fixed the song/album/artist bug that ignores any track with punctuation or special characters in the title. About 1/4 of my music is only visible in folder mode!

18. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

My car is at the Austin service center today for its annual service. I just called to ask if they could install 6.0 while it's there and they said they haven't received the approval to do that yet. When I told him someone had it installed and posted a screenshot of the release notes, he asked which service center it was and said he would call to ask if they could install it too. I'll keep you posted.

19. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

I kind of doubt it. Just yesterday during a ranger visit the latest version he could get (updated yesterday) was still 5.12. He downloaded that to his computer at the time.

20. tomas

tomas Traded in 9 rep bars for M3, used to be somebody!

COULD be shocking... waiting to see how it is implemented. If it requires a pin or something, it might be reasonably secure. If it does not, then it relies on your phone's locking...