Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been wondering the same thing... If I am going at a speed where the car lowers to Standard height, will the geo-fencing keep it at high, overriding the normal behaviour.
If anyone has tried this , let me know. I suppose anyone with 6.0 could test and let us know. (Of course the next question to follow will be : can you erase the geo-fencing if you had it set for a few weeks at a specific area...lets say a really bad pothole street where the car was programmed to be raised automatically finally gets paved...)

So many things to try...I just need version 6.0 ! I thought I was getting it when at the SC Sat night since my main console went black..but no, after the charge was finished, I still had 5.12

- - - Updated - - -
If you exceed a certain speed (documented in the release notes), the car will lower. Yes, you can erase the geofencing -- if you're in a geofenced area and look at the suspension screen, you can see there's a geofence and delete it.

Last edited:
Perhaps they changed the balancing algorithm? Sounds like it did a balance cycle and blead off some extra charge and the result was a 2% SOC difference.

I'm ~220 at 90%, 200 at 80% on 5.12 so I'll be sure to report back.
My understanding of the "balancing algorithm" theories is that the algorithm takes time. The 220 to 238 (and then 239 after some charging) happening instantly during 6.0 upgrade (i.e. the upgrade hadn't even reported completion yet). I was sitting in the car watching the upgrade (and chatting on the phone); it took < 45 minutes (probably something like 30). I highly doubt there was enough time to really wake up a balancing algorithm.

I figured it would come out right after I left the country for 5 months... Y'all are welcome.

And you were going to use it, how???? I guess with 6 you could have tinkered with your updated phone app and turned the car on now and then.
By the time you get back, you'll be on 6.4 with media player improvements anyway. Gives you something to obsess over for 5 months.

64 Gb drive and mostly full, lots of folders some FLAC in addition to MP3. Worked well with previous 5.9 and prior but no go with 6.0

I did try removing the USB drive and checking blue tooth and that seemed to work fine after the drive was removed.

Sounds like your problems are related to your USB drive. Not saying it shouldn't work, but one time I was having USB playback problems (stuttering, skipping to the end of a track), the SC said to try a smaller drive (mine's 64GB too). The way to find out is try a smaller drive or reformat the one you have. Running a disk check on it would be a good idea too.

Does anyone else get flaky performance with Slacker whenever there's a new software push? Wonder if that means the car is downloading data for the push and it interferes with music/nav downloading.
Interesting theory.

I hope it is correct, since Slacker was really flaky this morning on the way to work. I could not even play songs. and got a message about not being able to retrieve data, even after a reboot. If I get 6.0 today I'll update this message.

I also had problems with Slacker radio yesterday and this AM (full 3G bars) to the point where it just stopped working completely several times. I still do not have 6.0 though (and was on wifi last night and even right now) so it looks like it could have just been a Slacker outage not related to the software push?
Interesting theory.

I hope it is correct, since Slacker was really flaky this morning on the way to work. I could not even play songs. and got a message about not being able to retrieve data, even after a reboot. If I get 6.0 today I'll update this message.

You must mean only at night, otherwise on my trip to CA in the summer 99% of drivers were driving illegally.

I thought I was clear, but just in case, the current headlight sensitivity ALWAYS triggers plenty soon enough for night driving. It can sometimes come on during the day, though it's uncommon and (for me) a complete non-issue.

The law only applies to driving after dusk with just DRL's on. You can drive during daylight with DRL's on in California.

....As far as I can tell, Waze is only useful if there are other Wazers around. It just seems that in the areas I drive in, I'm the only guy on Waze most of the time.

Do you drive in very low population areas? I'm not sure what Waze regards as 'nearby', but right now it claims I've 1834 Wazers nearby (at 2 in the afternoon). On mind-numbing trips to Nebraska, there's still enough Wazers around to warn for police and other hazards.

20140915_191048000_iOS.png

Got 1.65.11 tonite.

Still eagerly awaiting it here. The geofences GPS was among the first features we requested 20 months ago when we first got ours and learned that we couldn't get down our driveway without raising the suspension. It can't come soon enough!

At "charge complete" (90% for me) it reported 220 tonight. I then upgraded the firmware. Upon wake-up with 6.0, it showed 238 rated miles -- and that there was charge remaining (i.e. it was around 88%). Charging then resumed and stopped at 239 rated miles. Me likee.

That's fascinating. Two possibilities leap to mind: either they decided to eliminate the silent reserve below zero and reveal the rel range left, or they've discovered that the "lost" range for many owners is really just a change in the way the battery pack monitoring system sees charge that can be calibrated for. Either way I think it's welcome. I've never really felt like the "below zero" cushion was something I'd ever rely on. We just did a road trip up the coast all the way to Vancouver and never got below 37 rated range remaining (we typically aimed at 50 miles range remaining and rarely charged all the way.)

My understanding of the "balancing algorithm" theories is that the algorithm takes time. The 220 to 238 (and then 239 after some charging) happening instantly during 6.0 upgrade (i.e. the upgrade hadn't even reported completion yet). I was sitting in the car watching the upgrade (and chatting on the phone); it took < 45 minutes (probably something like 30). I highly doubt there was enough time to really wake up a balancing algorithm.

Wow. Very interesting. That's very odd to me that your Rated Range went up by so much. If TM didn't release more of the battery reserve and the car didn't have time to balance during the upgrade to 6.0 (of course it didn't balance), then I guess a mile of rated range is worth less now... i.e. Rated Range "inflation" (per a nice panelist at TMC Connect).

Per the panelist, I still believe the only accurate way to judge how much useable energy your battery still has is to do a full range charge and then drive car all the way to zero rated range. The trip meter displays how much energy the battery delivered during the trip. I recently did this on a road trip to Vegas, and my 60 delivered 57 kWh of energy. Therefore, my car has very little degradation after 38k miles on ODO. I suspect that a couple KWh is reserve (below zero miles remaining) and therefore my car has lost maybe 1-2 kWh after 38k miles. Not bad. I doubt in the future that I'll ever see more than 57kWh output from my battery with v6.0. I fully expect the battery to put out less than 57 kWh over time as battery degrades. I'm pleased with my mild degradation. It'll be interesting to see what happens after 50k mi and 75k and 100k mi

my two cents...