Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
v6.0 (1.65.13)

I took quite a few pictures and wish I got it on video, it was a little crazy at times when everything was turning on and off.

Pilot_51: Please record your percent SoC and rated miles before and after. I've seen a few reports about a change (mine is one) and there isn't much consistency yet.
I didn't charge before updating and had 100 miles rated (approx. 52%) before and after update. I was getting 155 rated miles at 80% before the update, so I'll see what it says tomorrow morning.

I have air suspension and am still waiting. I think I must've pissed off Elon or something. I can hear him now, "that 13,292 I want dead last on every major and minor update!" Only he could have so much sway to take the ramdomness out of the equation...

I have air suspension and am still waiting. I think I must've pissed off Elon or something. I can hear him now, "that 13,292 I want dead last on every major and minor update!" Only he could have so much sway to take the ramdomness out of the equation...
Since I bought the car, I never got an update through the air! That's why I turned the energy saving option off 2 days ago just in case.

Since I bought the car, I never got an update through the air! That's why I turned the energy saving option off 2 days ago just in case.
My energy saving option is on and I had the update pushed to me last Thursday, the first day it was out. So go ahead and save energy if you want to. To repeat a post above, no one has figured out any pattern to who gets updates when, not by VIN, settings, Wi-Fi or not (this is the one thing Tesla said would be used in the future, but apparently the future hasn't arrived yet), options, color, location, or any other parameter you can think of. They may use a random number generator for all we know.

They may use a random number generator for all we know.

To a certain extent. But they know which firmware you are running and there are more than a couple of instances of prioritizing updates based on current version. Heck, just look at everyone on 6.0 (.11) who just got yet another update to .13 today. That's not a coincidence.

Now, as to why they aren't prioritizing the update to those of us on 5.12, well that's anyone's guess.

Got 1.65.11 tonite.

Came from 5.11 ...

With 5.11: 220-222 rated miles

At "charge complete" (90% for me) it reported 220 tonight. I then upgraded the firmware. Upon wake-up with 6.0, it showed 238 rated miles -- and that there was charge remaining (i.e. it was around 88%). Charging then resumed and stopped at 239 rated miles. Me likee.
My understanding of the "balancing algorithm" theories is that the algorithm takes time. The 220 to 238 (and then 239 after some charging) happening instantly during 6.0 upgrade (i.e. the upgrade hadn't even reported completion yet). I was sitting in the car watching the upgrade (and chatting on the phone); it took < 45 minutes (probably something like 30). I highly doubt there was enough time to really wake up a balancing algorithm.

REST data
Code:
timestamp,soc,range,est_range
1410760092502,90,221,181          ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎12‎ ‎PM GMT-7
1410760093002,89,238,201          9‎/‎14‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎13‎ ‎PM GMT-7

I'm not sure this has been posted, but there's a better seat-belt warning message in v6, indication of the actual seat would be better of course:

15078324958_b89c614173_z.jpg

I'm not sure this has been posted, but there's a better seat-belt warning message in v6, indication of the actual seat would be better of course:

View attachment 59277

I'm getting that on 5.12 and it's super-annoying. Whenever I have an adult passenger in the back they inevitably end up leaning forward to talk to the people in the front, or just to look at the center screen, so they rest their hand on the center seat. Immediately a huge great popup comes up on the front screen, with accompanying warning chimes, because the car thinks there's someone in the middle in the back without their seat belt on.

I'm getting that on 5.12 and it's super-annoying. Whenever I have an adult passenger in the back they inevitably end up leaning forward to talk to the people in the front, or just to look at the center screen, so they rest their hand on the center seat. Immediately a huge great popup comes up on the front screen, with accompanying warning chimes, because the car thinks there's someone in the middle in the back without their seat belt on.

Interesting, I never saw it before and I thought I was on 5.12...

I had this, and it used to drive me nuts. However, there is a fix: buckle-up the middle seatbelt when it is not in use and you wont see the warning again.

I just had my car in for some adjustments over the week-end, including retrofit of folding mirrors. Got 6.0 installed when I picked it up. I just e-mailed my service advisor to report back on as issue after the service (I now have an air leak from the small triangular window in the front, after the mirror retrofit, that I didn't have before) and at the same time I pointed to the new functions mentioned in the manual and told him that I want to know price and time-frame for getting those functions activated/retrofitted. Will report back when I get a reply!

I had this, and it used to drive me nuts. However, there is a fix: buckle-up the middle seatbelt when it is not in use and you wont see the warning again.

That's exactly what I had my rear seat passenger do on Saturday night! She thought it was hilarious that that was the only solution in the most high tech car she'd ever travelled in...

The irony here is that while Tesla clearly care a lot about warning me about when people are unrestrained in the car, the fact they've recessed the buckles into the back seat cushions means I've had to install extenders for the kids' car seats which completely defeats this system anyway.