Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So which of you is going to be the first to go all Pulp Fiction on your car with the custom name, so that when someone asks, "Which car is yours?" when you're out on the town, you can legitimately say in the coolest Samuel L. Jackson kind of way, "It's the one that says 'BAD ************' on it"?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a non-commuting, non-air-suspension MS owner, I'm underwhelmed with 6.0 and find no urgency to install it. The improved nav is nice, but nothing monumental. The geo air thing is nice if you got it I guess. The calendar means nothing to me and I don't plan on using it. But I understand others may be delighted with it; that's cool.

I'm still hoping Tesla will spend some time providing for basic music device functionality (playlists, browse by artist/song/genre/album, shuffle mode, etc) that so many cheaper cars already provide. I miss the functionality I had in my Audi Q5.

The improvements sound great! I can't wait to get the update.

I'm going to "have to" keep checking my car today to see when 6.0 is ready to install.

Maybe a future update will add phone notifications when an update it ready on your car. :)

So which part of this release caused it to be 7 months late?

Does anyone else feel a bit anti-climactic?

Real-time traffic integration and re-routing was probably non-trivial to implement, and could have hit some unforeseen last minute snags. There are companies solely focused on doing this (Waze) in order to do it well. I'm curious if they integrate into Google Maps and/or Waze to collaborate with their data. Looking forward to hearing from owners how well this works in practice!

So which part of this release caused it to be 7 months late?

Does anyone else feel a bit anti-climactic?
Maybe there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff we can't see.

I'm most looking forward to the updated nav maps and I hope they're released soon. Otherwise, I will have Waze open on the phone.

Location based suspension will be helpful and save me a couple of taps a day as I enter the parking garage.

My 9 y/o has already named the car "Tessie," so I'll put that in.

And I can get home if I lose my fob.

Sounds good.

Yeah. That and unlock the plug.

?? you mean the charger port? I don't need to charge the car every time I approach from the rear.

Actually I think the issue lies with the antenna location and lack of sensitivity from the rear of the car. It's kinda like a blind spot. So I don't think 6.0 would solve the problem.

And I believe that Power Management option wasn't mentioned in prior discussions of what's new in 6.0. Wonder how that will affect vampire losses.

Last edited:
The iPhone app does notifications of charging, charging stopped, etc. It's not that far of a stretch. :)
He should have used a tongue-in-cheek smiley. Software update notifications are now part of the iOS app (after 6.0 is installed on the car).

- - - Updated - - -

?? you mean the charger port? I don't need to charge the car every time I approach from the rear.

Actually I think think issue lies with the antenna location and lack of sensitivity from the rear of the car. It's kinda like a blind spot. So I don't think 6.0 would solve the problem.
Well, I'm thinking of when it's plugged in. I come at the car from the back, have to pass the charger plug to get the car to recognize the fob is nearby and then backtrack to unplug the car.

It's interesting that opening the rear lift gate doesn't unlock the charger plug, but maybe there's an unintended consequence I'm not thinking of.

Well, I'm thinking of when it's plugged in. I come at the car from the back, have to pass the charger plug to get the car to recognize the fob is nearby and then backtrack to unplug the car.

It's interesting that opening the rear lift gate doesn't unlock the charger plug, but maybe there's an unintended consequence I'm not thinking of.

Ahh I see, my misunderstanding. In my case, I use the fob to unlock the car as I approach it in the garage in the morning thus unlocking the charging port at the same time. Yes it would be great if 6.0 could alleviate this issue.

Canadians?

Have any Canadians received v6.0 over the air? Tesla on Lawrence in Toronto told me that they "still do not know if it will be released over the air and we are booking for mid to end of October to do 6.0 updates." I wonder if it's not available over the air in Canada..