Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same experience as JohnEC. Just received sw update notice in the car about two hours ago - no notice in my iPhone app even though I have it set to text me when software update is available. Car is updating right now as I type.

I received 1.67.28 last night and updated to it overnight. Interestingly enough, I never received a phone app notification about the update, just the notification in the car (I was previously on 6.0 [.15] and I have the latest iPhone app).

You only receive the notification if the iPhone app is open in the background. If you close it (swipe it away) then you will not receive any notifications and the calendar will not sync with the car upon entry.

Service updated me to .67.28 today and I received an iPhone notification... but I also had the app open in the background.

You only receive the notification if the iPhone app is open in the background. If you close it (swipe it away) then you will not receive any notifications and the calendar will not sync with the car upon entry.

Service updated me to .67.28 today and I received an iPhone notification... but I also had the app open in the background.

I receive notifications about charging every night when my charging schedule activates. Not sure what you mean by "swipe it away". That doesn't do anything on my iPhone.

I have been quite disappointed with the new traffic display in the maps, especially the city streets are displayed compared to the freeways. The picture below looks like a plate a spaghetti, especially while driving. The city streets should not appear when the map is this zoomed out. And without the traffic on, the freeways barely show up. Also, the red and yellow lines are now thinner and harder to see, especially without my reading glasses.
View attachment 60257

Has this been fixed in 6.0.28?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 482

I must have missed you... Scottsdale service also updated me to 1.67.28 today...

On a side note, I had a loaner -- brand new with 30 miles at pickup today. It had all the new hardware goodies, but was till running 5.9.14. Interestingly, .14 has lane departure and speed warnings enabled (but not adaptive/active cruise). I like how they incorporated the speed warnings -- informative, but not intrusive. Lane departure warnings were also nice -- subtle vibration of the steering wheel (and no vibration is you use turn signals to indicate a lane change...).

Just installed .28 version of 6.0 and my rated and ideal miles are way different (accurate??). I used to get only 208-210 rated miles at 90% on a babied p85 w/ 12k miles (dec 2012 delivery) on original 6.0 release, but now i'm already at 226 rated miles at 85% (still doing a test 90% charge). Nice! Degradation, what degradation? :)

Looks like we may have an algorithm change for us folks that regularly charge to ~60%, rarely do long trips, have small daily mile usage (< 25 miles), and maybe have those original "A" packs.

Got 1.67.28 last night, will see if any of the glitches have gone away...

Glitches so far:

iPhone contacts no longer appear
Responsiveness of the touch screen has definitely gone downhill - often laggy responding to button presses, especially the Controls button (latest update didn't change that)
Occasional screen lockups requiring reboot
Sometimes the screen is completely unresponsive for a protracted period, if you tap on buttons then about 20 seconds later they all start responding
The other day the warning chime (e.g. door open) started up with no warning on the screen, and it wouldn't stop. Had to use the "power down" button to clear it.

6.0 seems to be rather a step backwards in terms of reliability and responsiveness. There are a few nice, though not earth shaking, features.