Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
minor updates are bug fixes. they screwed something up in the software in the previous release and are quickly fixing it. they don't have release notes because they don't want to broadcast to the world that they screwed up the software in your car where the brake system would randomly fail if you tapped up up down down left right left right B A start

I actually tried that sequence and the brakes worked just fine :smile:

On more serious note, given that you are a programmer, do you think that from a minor release to another the gap in number denotes the amount of fixes added? In other words, do you think they fixed 14 different (minor) items from 1.67.28 to 1.27.42?

I actually tried that sequence and the brakes worked just fine :smile:

On more serious note, given that you are a programmer, do you think that from a minor release to another the gap in number denotes the amount of fixes added? In other words, do you think they fixed 14 different (minor) items from 1.67.28 to 1.27.42?

No. That just means that many official builds. Could be same bug and many attempts to fix it or many many bugs and a few builds with many bugs fixed in each. Or my favorite, the QA blocker bugs that don't go away. Tears up the engineer when that happens!

I'll have to the my brakes that way too! Who knows, it might just happen on certain cars you know.

When I was at the D event on Thursday I looked at the version number of the demo cars and it was 6.0 (1.100.xx). I should have taken a picture to remember the exact number.

I did. V6 101.10.12

ava6avy8.jpg

minor updates are bug fixes. they screwed something up in the software in the previous release and are quickly fixing it. they don't have release notes because they don't want to broadcast to the world that they screwed up the software in your car where the brake system would randomly fail if you tapped up up down down left right left right B A start

Mortal Combat? :)

Completely not related. Release versioning has nothing to do with the "number" of fixes. Many releases are made. Sometimes just a readme file is updated. Sometimes there are many many fixes. Sometimes just a build flag was changed or an updated third party library linked in. Etc. every company varies the way they do releases.

You have to purchase the 3D printer before they can be activated though. :)
What's the opposite of a 3D printer? Let's call it a "derezzer" (which is wrong but entertaining).

If you put a 3D printer and a derezzer in the front, you could create prototype front motors at rest stops, try them for 50 miles or so, make adjustments, and derez+recreate. Mobile development interation platform.

Back to 6.0:wink: Used traffic aware nav for first time yesterday. Was traveling during rush hour, and highway route showed 105 minutes. I have my normal short cuts, but decided to let the nav do its thing and follow it. Nav came up with 58 minute route, which was close to my normal short cuts but different. 10 minutes into drive, it detected some traffic and further adjusted route. It sent me on some roads that I never would have selected (stop sign every block, speed humps). BUT, it DID get me there in 56 minutes, and there was barely any traffic on streets it selected, during time-frame where most everything in Chicago is jammed. Impressed, will keep using.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this with 6.0 (any flavor): prior to 6.0, when I closed my power trunk it would proceed in a linear fashion until it latched and closed. Since 6.0 when it gets to about 6" from closing, it kind of slams down. Still works okay... just differently. Either it's something in the software, or something is going wrong with my power hatch.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this with 6.0 (any flavor): prior to 6.0, when I closed my power trunk it would proceed in a linear fashion until it latched and closed. Since 6.0 when it gets to about 6" from closing, it kind of slams down. Still works okay... just differently. Either it's something in the software, or something is going wrong with my power hatch.

I just went out and tried mine, and it was linear.