Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@vgrinshpun
plz post a) prior firmware version, b) OTA or svc center, c) wifi or not if OTA.
If anybody else reads b4 posting that may eliminate a bunch of noise. Or maybe not.

Prior firmware - 5.12
OTA via 3G - Was originally planning to download it at home tonight (thought that this is elusive V5.14), but when saw a newly released iPhone app mentioning V6.0, I could not wait - downloaded via 3G

Notice how the traffic and calendar features are marked BETA. Did Tesla finally realize that they don't have to have a completely polished product before they can release it to the public? Maybe updates will come more quickly now. Here's to wishful thinking.

Prior firmware - 5.12
OTA via 3G - Was originally planning to download it at home tonight (thought that this is elusive V5.14), but when saw a newly released iPhone app mentioning V6.0, I could not wait - downloaded via 3G

I am almost positive that the update downloads well in advance of you hitting the install button... so it probably happened last night while you were at home, did you have the wifi enabled last night? If so then that is probably how it downloaded... just a guess.

Clearly a marketing theme to what was selected. Rather than me too blocking and tackling, like improved media player, it's:

smart navigation, smart commute, interpreting your calendar, learning (suspension) behavior...

Hopefully someday we will also get blocking/tackling but looks as if main theme for a while is a much smarter car that will eventually drive itself.

I would like a "smart" media player that can play songs with "special" characters like umlauts and accents, supports gapless playback, and can shuffle songs. :biggrin:

Service Center is saying that this update is currently ONLY available OTA, so those of you hoping to be able get it at the SC might be disappointed until they get it pushed down to the service centers.

This is smart if it's intentional on Tesla's part. It will eliminate the "make something up" service call just so someone can get the software updated. Patience, young grasshopper.

Love the concept of location aware air suspension. But hopefully their location accuracy for this feature is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the location-aware charging spots. Cuz I have about 40 different charging pins (some as far as a ½ mile away) representing my condo's garage parking spot.

"Model S door handles are now more responsive."

Does this mean the door handles show themselves earlier when you approach the car? Or is it just easier to open the door?

It would be awesome if they extended when approaching the car from the rear. Ours always extend when we walk past the front of the car and never extend when we approach from the rear.

WP_20140911_002-edited.jpg
I just got 6.0 OTA last night (over 3G) and let it install this morning after I got to work. I'm now on 1.65.11. I'm, uh, going to have a long lunch today...... :)

-m

Last edited: