Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New visual for the instrument panel.
emamasas.jpg

I am sitting in my S running 5.12 and looking at the drivers display and comparing it to the photo you posted. I don't see the difference between the 5.12 and the 6.0 display. What am I missing?

--- UPDATE ---

Okay, I see some slight differences in the central section of the instrument circle. Pretty minor...

Unless you were in the EAP I sincerely doubt that.
In 5.x the blue route was drawn on top of the traffic. Now the traffic lines are quite thin and drawn on top of the blue route.
Trust me, this is new. It's even covered in the release notes :)
So this is a "minor" graphical improvement where the layers have been reversed and one tweaked in boldness?
The way it's described it sounded more like "for the first time were showing traffic".

Haven't updated yet-- but thought I'd post back-to-back pics of my car (on 5.11 and about 6000 miles ago) compared to a car running v6.0.

The texture of the pseudo bezel has changed, the ring around the center display is downplayed (less reflections) and the charge/range bar now has a white line to make the level clearer. All in all, I'm a little unsure how I like the change... The "fake bezels" didn't bother me at all and the background texture was a nice detail that now appears lost. If I could get ONLY the white line, I'd do that instead. :wink:

v5.11

gauges 5.jpg

v6.0

gauges 6.jpg

Attachments

• gauges 5.jpg
    gauges 5.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:
The whole speedo looks pretty different to me. All the skeuomorph elements trying to make it look like a real dial are gone.

I will have to wait for my V6 install to get a good look. If what you say is true than I like that change: I am not a fan of skeuomorphic software design (unlike some, I prefer the look of iOS 7 to iOS 6). I don't like the faked silver metal bezel in the center display screen, though I understand why it's there, as it echoes the actual metal bezel.

Very interesting indeed. Anyone have some insight as to why this is the case?
For software release, the version info after the "." is usually a sub version number.

6.0 sub version 1.65.11 could be (probably is) completely different from 5.14 subversion 1.66.13. Sub version builds made available to beta testers or the public are rarely sequential as internally several builds will be generated before one makes it to the public.

Right, but this is the first time that the sub version of a higher number version (6.0 > 5.14) is actually lower. Just look at the wiki and you will see what I mean.
Tesla may do something unusual with their version numbering system.

When you go to 6.0, sub versioning should start back at 0.0.0. You do not usually at the sub version numbering you had during the last major version.