Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted both 6.0 videos in the Media Section. Covers both 6.0 and the Phone App Changes. See here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...hone-App-Coverage-2-Parts?p=756383#post756383

So in the video you mention the handles are so much more responsive, but you don't really elaborate on what you mean by that. Do you mean that they are more responsive to automatically presenting, to pressing on them when they are retracted, or to the way they actually open the door when you pull on them? I was hoping they'd fix the issue when you open the door, but don't pull the door completely open and you have to wait for the handle to retract slightly before you can pull the door open again.

So in the video you mention the handles are so much more responsive, but you don't really elaborate on what you mean by that. Do you mean that they are more responsive to automatically presenting, to pressing on them when they are retracted, or to the way they actually open the door when you pull on them? I was hoping they'd fix the issue when you open the door, but don't pull the door completely open and you have to wait for the handle to retract slightly before you can pull the door open again.
When I touch them to have them extend, both when locked and unlocked, much more responsive. Unlocked, takes a lite single touch, a little more firm of a double press when locked. Thats the best it's worked since I got my car.
Their is a second video thats having issues uploading, only the first 7 minutes of 13 are uploading... I demonstration in that video.

I'm severely disappointed with this update. What a crock of crap.

There are so many great features that could have been implemented.

Ability to tune light level of the auto-headlights (I'm CONSTANTLY battling my headlights)
Force headlights to stay off on start-up
Set charge start based on departure time (I wrote a script using the REST API for this)
Set charge rate via phone
Set charge scheduled start via phone
Valet mode?
Tow mode usage sucks, how about car wash mode for the simple guys at car washes?
"Advanced instrumentation"? Ability to see more information about the car.. IE, more gauges for us geeks..
Turn off reminders for things like Range Mode.
Custom quick settings page for things you use most

I can go on and on.

Come on Tesla. This sucks.

Actually I find the features they implemented more interesting than any of the features you have listed here (90% of which I would find totally useless). Tesla can't please everybody. Now an improved music player, that's what I really want.

I
Ability to tune light level of the auto-headlights (I'm CONSTANTLY battling my headlights)
Huh? I've never battled my headlights in 20 months now. The running lights are more than enough for safety in general. I need headlights when there's not enough light for me to see and the current sensitivity is more than fine for that.

There are occasional cases where it might toggle a couple times when I'm driving into the sun at dusk, but...meh...that doesn't even register on my "give a #$%#" meter.

Actually I find the features they implemented more interesting than any of the features you have listed here (90% of which I would find totally useless). Tesla can't please everybody. Now an improved music player, that's what I really want.

+1

I just received v6 at the Rockville SC (what a great bunch of guys). The thing i find most interesting in all of the comments on 6.0 (so far) is that I don't believe anyone has reported a bug in what is in the new firmware. I think that is remarkable, especially in light of our experience with some of the 5.x builds. I understand that everyone wants some additional feature according to their own priority list, but in my view what is most important is that we received a bug free (or at least a relatively bug free) upgrade.

And, while i know some people don't use navigation at all, for those of us that do, making the nav system traffic aware in real time would probably rate in the top 3 upgrade requests from all of us. So I'm happy, very happy.

The geo fencing of auto suspension works great. The traffic aware nav system re-routed me today on my way back from the SC to save me from getting stuck in heavy traffic. The calendar app works as advertised. Haven't tried fob-less start yet.

My bottom line is that i bought this car a year ago and loved it enough to pay 2x more than for any car I've ever purchased. And, as others have said, they keep making it better FOR FREE. And, they will keep making it better.

My only issue is that Elon has to stop telling us about certain features or upgrades that are "coming soon." Tesla, IMHO, needs to adopt the Apple model -- no announcements about anything until it is really ready to go.

So, if you haven't received 6.0 yet, you'll love it for the features it has. You'll want more, but you'll love the bug free upgrade that you'll get.

+1

I just received v6 at the Rockville SC (what a great bunch of guys). The thing i find most interesting in all of the comments on 6.0 (so far) is that I don't believe anyone has reported a bug in what is in the new firmware. I think that is remarkable, especially in light of our experience with some of the 5.x builds. I understand that everyone wants some additional feature according to their own priority list, but in my view what is most important is that we received a bug free (or at least a relatively bug free) upgrade.

And, while i know some people don't use navigation at all, for those of us that do, making the nav system traffic aware in real time would probably rate in the top 3 upgrade requests from all of us. So I'm happy, very happy.

The geo fencing of auto suspension works great. The traffic aware nav system re-routed me today on my way back from the SC to save me from getting stuck in heavy traffic. The calendar app works as advertised. Haven't tried fob-less start yet.

My bottom line is that i bought this car a year ago and loved it enough to pay 2x more than for any car I've ever purchased. And, as others have said, they keep making it better FOR FREE. And, they will keep making it better.

My only issue is that Elon has to stop telling us about certain features or upgrades that are "coming soon." Tesla, IMHO, needs to adopt the Apple model -- no announcements about anything until it is really ready to go.

So, if you haven't received 6.0 yet, you'll love it for the features it has. You'll want more, but you'll love the bug free upgrade that you'll get.
Sir, I agree with every single letter you wrote!

+1

No offense, but only a portion of owners have it so far and it's only been out for two days. I think it's a bit early to call it bug-free. I'd be surprised if bugs had already been reported. I'm not saying it's going to be buggy, just that it's way too early to know.

On that note, the bug reporting functionality now built in is pretty cool!

Huh? I've never battled my headlights in 20 months now. The running lights are more than enough for safety in general. I need headlights when there's not enough light for me to see and the current sensitivity is more than fine for that.

Actually, my auto headlights don't work very well either... and I think it's because the sensor is on the windshield and not the dash top like most cars. What happens where I live is that the sun starts to get lower in the sky over the fall/winter months and if I'm driving with the sun behind or to the side of me, I often find the headlights on even though it's broad daylight (the sensor is in the car's shadow). I'm not talking dusk or dawn. This happens at 11:00 AM often.

There are occasional cases where it might toggle a couple times when I'm driving into the sun at dusk, but...meh...that doesn't even register on my "give a #$%#" meter.

Our headlights come on in the garage all the time and they shouldn't. More annoying to me though is the battle of the day night instrument display. There are times in the morning when it refuses to switch out of night mode, even when the sun is above the horizon. I have had the same thing in the evening and I have also had times where I had to manually out it in night mode. I keep night mode all the way turned down which is unreadable in even the early morning sun.

I also don't quite understand how the auto wipers work either.

I also don't quite understand how the auto wipers work either.

That's easy: "Not very well". I think I'd rather just have manually controlled intermittent wipers because the auto ones on this car have a mind of their own. They'll either not wipe when needed (on either sensitivity setting) or go into a frenzy in a mild mist. I'm constantly over riding or tapping the end of the stalk to get a wipe when the auto function seems to become oblivious to the conditions.

Found a bug in 6.0. Every time I select my USB drive the system index's my files then locks up the center console. I can reboot to resume functioning but if I select my usb drive it will lock the screen again. I reported it to service and they said they'll look into it. Don't know if it's something about my drive or what but it worked fine on 5.9

Actually, my auto headlights don't work very well either... and I think it's because the sensor is on the windshield and not the dash top like most cars. What happens where I live is that the sun starts to get lower in the sky over the fall/winter months and if I'm driving with the sun behind or to the side of me, I often find the headlights on even though it's broad daylight (the sensor is in the car's shadow). I'm not talking dusk or dawn. This happens at 11:00 AM often.
Yea, there's the occasional time that happens to me. I guess I don't understand why you'd care. As long as they aren't toggling like a strobe, I'm having a hard time groking why I'd care if the lights go on once in a while. Hell, in the US we have large chunk of highway that mandate "lights on for safety" even in broad daylight.

Driving with Running lights only is illegal in California.