Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PS, with my first 6.0 firmware, I was also - for the first time - experiencing a lot of range gyration. Showing one number, driving a while, not depleting, going to sleep, waking up, showing a higher number, going to sleep, showing a real drop off. Before being concerned, I suggest see if it settles down after a week. I suspect they've made the algorithm far more sensitive to SOMETHING, so it bounces around until the averages take over.
That's one conclusion. I have another one.

As a software engineer I have an example handy from an applet I wrote eons ago ...

Suppose you're copying a file and you want to report the transfer rate. For the first, say, 60 blocks your transfer rate is jumping all over the place. As soon as you get some more data points the numbers start to stabilize until/unless you have some unusual events (like a disk drive goes bad or someone spikes the disk with some other higher priority activity).

I think the "gyration" is just another aspect of re-seeding the algorithm with data about the installed battery after having reset the historical data to, effectively, empty. This hypothesis doesn't require any "far more sensitive to SOMETHING" change to the algorithm.

Maybe the something else is smartphone integration/Airplay? Or is that not significant enough to be 'something else'?

I was wondering the same thing.

Also something else I have noticed in v 6. Has anyone noticed when the accelerator is floored as you approach 100mph the limiter starts its yellow lines in the power meter even with out the everything being hot. I never noticed this before with version 5. I have seen this twice now when passing on two lane roads. I never noticed it before.

Has anyone noticed when the accelerator is floored as you approach 100mph the limiter starts its yellow lines in the power meter even with out the everything being hot.
Usually the number is higher than that for me, but yes there is definitely a point of "show the dashed lines" even in the { 85+% charge remaining, only been driving briefly, human-comfortable climate } scenario.

when you zoom out to view a 50 sq mile area, of course it will look like that. have you tried zooming in to a reasonable view? if not, any gps would look the same or worse.

I would expect it to not show traffic conditions of local roads when I am zoomed out. For each zoom level, there should be specific road importance level for which (and higher), traffic shows. Just as streets themselves become invisible as you zoom out.

Funny, I thought our car was already doing that. I have to check. But this is what I would want.

I would expect it to not show traffic conditions of local roads when I am zoomed out. For each zoom level, there should be specific road importance level for which (and higher), traffic shows. Just as streets themselves become invisible as you zoom out.

Funny, I thought our car was already doing that. I have to check. But this is what I would want.

Is was doing that. It's still is doing that. Its just that it did it better before than it does now. At first I thought this was just a nit picky detail but after driving at night I have to admit the traffic display is almost useless for me when set at the "zoom" levels I typically use for the Bay Area highways.

Is was doing that. It's still is doing that. Its just that it did it better before than it does now. At first I thought this was just a nit picky detail but after driving at night I have to admit the traffic display is almost useless for me when set at the "zoom" levels I typically use for the Bay Area highways.
It's too bad Tesla is so California-centric that they didn't have any of their team test the UI in the Bay Area. Oh wait... :)

Very frustrating that the software updates take so long to get to all of us. People have had 6.0 for a month or longer now and I still haven't received 6.0. The Houston server center says they can't load 6.0 on that it has to be sent via OTA from Fremont, WTH!? Geez. Sucks ...

I think we know it's not true now. Any car with a front motor would be missing the "microwave oven" space in the frunk where the motor will go.

There have been wide reports of people taking delivery of cars with differing options/new features present/missing on the same day of delivery or mixed in and out for months at a time (A vs B battery was mixed for several weeks, more than a month or two).

Have you the confidence to say there has been no change in recent deliveries to the extent that mixing of delivery wouldn't give you reasonable doubt?

when you zoom out to view a 50 sq mile area, of course it will look like that. have you tried zooming in to a reasonable view? if not, any gps would look the same or worse.

Um, no. It didn't use to do that on 5.x. Nor does it do it on Google Maps on my iPad for an equivalent zoom scale.

Oh no! And that's on 6.0.28 that's it still doing it?

There have been wide reports of people taking delivery of cars with differing options/new features present/missing on the same day of delivery or mixed in and out for months at a time (A vs B battery was mixed for several weeks, more than a month or two).

Have you the confidence to say there has been no change in recent deliveries to the extent that mixing of delivery wouldn't give you reasonable doubt?

yes I do. New owners would be the first people to post pictures of the missing microwave open compartment ;-)

yes I do. New owners would be the first people to post pictures of the missing microwave open compartment ;-)

well we already know the second motor gives a small increase in range, I think they are saying December delivery for that though so until the ordering/design center is updated tonight I'll concede the point that it's unlikely any slipped through with the motor unnoticed.

Maybe the something else is smartphone integration/Airplay? Or is that not significant enough to be 'something else'?

It's a security feature of iOS that prevents someone ripping out your phone's data if stolen. 'Trust This Computer' alert on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Now why is the Model S is triggering it...? I guess Tesla added something to the software talking to the USB port where now the phone sees it as more than just a charger.

Installed 1.67.28 yesterday and noticed my rated miles at 90% jumped from 220 to 247. Anyone else see a change like this?

I got the update yesterday. My Rated Miles at 90% actually was down by 1 this morning to 217.

- - - Updated - - -

Also something else I have noticed in v 6. Has anyone noticed when the accelerator is floored as you approach 100mph the limiter starts its yellow lines in the power meter even with out the everything being hot.

Nope, I've seen that before. At least a year ago. I think it may have something to do with the SOC of the battery. If you're at a lower level (maybe 40% or less???) I think you get this limiting at high speed/acceleration.

Had version 6 for a few weeks now. Was working fine , but have noticed the following :
-Navigation tried to connect before wifi, so you get the error that navigation needs service. Once wifi connects, nav is fine.
-This week, car settings seemed to change, related to profiles I think. I changed from my wife's profile to mine, and the battery charged to 100% rather than my set limit of 80%..checked the setting, and it had changed to 100%. Next day, I changed from my wife's profile to mine, and the dash was showing her settings, not mine.

Anyone else notice profiles being buggy?

I just got 1.67.42, which must be a minor bug fix release. I really wish there were actual release notes for these types of minor updates.

minor updates are bug fixes. they screwed something up in the software in the previous release and are quickly fixing it. they don't have release notes because they don't want to broadcast to the world that they screwed up the software in your car where the brake system would randomly fail if you tapped up up down down left right left right B A start