Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure you didn't get a maps update at any point? I got one in mid-december, unrelated to any other software update, and my car (a 2012 Signature, vin #553) is way older than yours.

I have never seen a map update notification, my wife swears she hasn't either, I doubt the SC has installed one assuming it would be listed on my paperwork, having the ability to check map version would be helpful at some point.

Navigating to a new address has been wrong half the time so I rely on my iPhone anyways, I just don't like being left out of the latest software,

I have never seen a map update notification, my wife swears she hasn't either, I doubt the SC has installed one assuming it would be listed on my paperwork, having the ability to check map version would be helpful at some point.

Navigating to a new address has been wrong half the time so I rely on my iPhone anyways, I just don't like being left out of the latest software,

Does your car have access to wifi? I got the map update OTA, but during the night when it was getting a wifi signal in the garage as well as the regular 3G signal, so maybe it's a large packet that requires the wifi?

Heh, funny thread.. :)

I have a "semi-classic" S85 (no autopilot stuff, but new enough that I have parking sensors and titanium shield from the factory). I got 6.1 last Thursday, so I was pretty much among the first who received it. This was interesting in itself, as it took 2 weeks for the 6.0 to come my way (counted from the first reports).

So, yes, 6.1 is coming to our classic cars as well as to the new P85Ds. :)

Tomas - Thanks for starting this thread! I've supported (sympathized?) with all of your media-related posts - SHUFFLE shouldn't be so hard!
Nigel - Thanks for your diligence weeding out out the Classic posts!
Pate - Did you get the update over the air or at your SC? Can you confirm that you got the media updates and trajectory lines on the backup camera?

Still in love with my sub-5K VIN classic!

I don't believe that the map update can come from an SC. It's only available through WiFi.

Does your car have access to wifi? I got the map update OTA, but during the night when it was getting a wifi signal in the garage as well as the regular 3G signal, so maybe it's a large packet that requires the wifi?

Full bars Wifi in the garage for the past 18 months.

Classic S60 here and very happy. Brown also, and similarly lamenting the limited "shades of grey" color choices if I were to upgrade. If the MX is everything it is billed to be, that is what I will upgrade to when it comes available (P1100-ish on MX list)...

BTW, no 6.1 update yet.

I still haven't gotten a map update and the SC can't do map updates. Car is connected to WiFi at night.

So what features do we not get as "classic" owners? I read somewhere on this forum no reverse lines - is this true
I'd think the lines are one of things we would get because it requires no additional hardware. Even though they aren't needed if you have the mirrors that tilt when in reverse.

Presumably we won't get anything that requires a forward camera or sensors. Not a biggie in my book as cruise control in my car has had less than five minutes of use over 37,000 miles. On the other hand, I'd like the collision detection--just not enough to take the hit.