Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want to freak you out, but you should probably call the service center. When I had the update fail on my P85 it started causing all kinds of annoyance problems. :( Happened to me at 5.11 to 6.0. I had the 6.0 features, but things were a little wacky after a few days. Touchscreen not responding and hanging, even the speedo would freeze for a few seconds then pop back in place. The service center reset something remotely and it worked again...

Better have them check it out, at least remotely.

Finally got this addressed today - thanks for the warning on failed updates. Needed to have Parking Sensor ECU replaced. +1 Tesla service, and +1 rep points to wk057 :)

Last edited:
Thank you Tesla

These software updates are like getting a new car every time they arrive. I know this has been said by many others in various ways, but Bravo! You'd have to pry this car out of my cold, dead, hands... :)

The only teeny tiny little features I'd like to see at this point:
1) option to have the steering wheel auto collapse inward towards the dash when put in park for easier getting in/out without having to create a separate "exit profile"
2) valet option

again, BRAVO! Can't wait to try out the new Nav features!

Here is a picture. This one is interesting because it takes into account the elevation going from Boulder to Silverthorne, CO and back. It's 43% there and 24% back.

View attachment 69024

A picture is worth a 1000 words!

Yet not enough... :tongue::tongue:

The picture alone doesn't mean much without the current battery SoC :biggrin:

How about a little grade school math... Because the picture says 45% at destination, 21% at the return, and I stated 43% used outbound and 24% back, it is pretty easy to calculate that I had 88% battery SoC when I took the picture... :tongue: :biggrin:

maybe this is just my perception, but does it seem like v6.1 is rolling out faster than previous updates in the past to you guys? Perhaps they have opened up the flood gates a little wider on this one? I got mine pretty quick and have had to wait much longer in the past... I know it's random, but there's a lotta folks posting they got it on the boards too.. and I'm not sure if that's just because we have more owners now, or because they've increased the "batch size" or something?

Last edited:
maybe this is just my perception, but does it seem like v6.1 is rolling out faster than previous updates in the past to you guys? Perhaps they have opened up the flood gates a little wider on this one? I got mine pretty quick and have had to wait much longer in the past... I know it's random, but there's a lotta folks posting they got it on the boards too.. and I'm not sure if that's just because we have more owners now, or because they've increased the "batch size" or something?

You just lucked out, I think. Most of the recipients are P85D folks. The overwhelming majority of the non-D folks are still waiting. I also haven't seen anyone post that they got an update since Friday or Saturday, so no...this doesn't seem any faster.

i have a D and no update yet

Reminder for those new to this process: It usually takes WEEKS or MONTHS for releases to get out to all cars. The sequence is more or less random, though recent information indicates that some configs may get earlier. Sometimes (if significant issues detected) pushes are halted, and a new corrective version is pushed when they resume. It is rumored that WiFi connectivity accelerates updates, but personally I'll say ALL of mine have popped up under 3g (that's 2+ years worth). Do not panic if you are not getting within hours, days, or even weeks of others. If it is months (like Mario in Estonia, or the guy in Portugal), make some noise!

I certainly do not want to rub salt in the wounds of those waiting for 6.1, but the TACC updates have made the driving experience 10X better in Miami's bumper-to-bumper snowbird traffic.

The backup lines have made parking much easier.

Wonderful upgrade.
I don't have the TACC (having a 11,xxx VIN) but the backup lines are quite nice. I was able to easily park between two cars today without using the side mirrors... which is a big change for me since I always feel spatially challenged in cars without good rear visibility

- - - Updated - - -

You just lucked out, I think. Most of the recipients are P85D folks. The overwhelming majority of the non-D folks are still waiting. I also haven't seen anyone post that they got an update since Friday or Saturday, so no...this doesn't seem any faster.
Okay I'll take it then... luck it is. :-D