TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Firmware 6...15 background power burn?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by josephlweber, Sep 20, 2014.

1. josephlweber

josephlweber Member

I am trying to understand how far I can really go in my P85. What I have concluded is that .15 lowered this significantly.

Prior to v6 my "Rated Miles" would drop about 1 mile for every 285wh used on the trip meter (Total energy used). This already annoyed me that it was at the 305 wh/m that the rated line shows. However, since getting my second firmware 6 version (.15) the problem seems to have gotten much worse with my Rated Miles dropping at 245wh/m.

Making this this even worse is it seems to use quite a bit more power when the car is off- even for short periods.

Are others experiencing this?

I will note that the night of the upgrade my 90% charge set a high for me of 240 rated miles. Unfortunately it's back to 232 since then.

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Nope. I'm on .15 and don't have any of these issues. If anything, my energy usage has dropped.