Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For people using the Firmware Tracker and you've forgotten your PIN, I've now added a feature where you can select your Forum handle on the login page, and check the box for forgotten PIN, and the page will automatically send you a PM on TMC with your PIN.

You no longer have to send me a PM to retrieve your PIN.
Thank you, Hank. :) I forget that pin the second after entering it.

Wow, quite a push the last couple of days. So .236 is still "D"s only, but we now have 45 reports in tracker or about 40% of all the dual motor cars that have reported at least one firmware version in the tracker.

I'm also seeing a lot of new users (TMC handles) signing up for the first time to report .236.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Hank. :) I forget that pin the second after entering it.

The funny thing is that I chose to go with "PIN" instead of "password" in order to make it easier to remember, therefore requiring no (or less) PIN/password resets because I don't have an email address. But I've found that even that way, many people still forget their PINs. Luckily today, I was able to find a way to programmatically send PMs through the forum only using TMC handle.

BTW, on the Tracker signup form, people can use a full-blown password if they want, it will be accepted just the same as a PIN. "PIN" was just a suggestive label. :)

Generic question here as new owner. Is there a way to trigger a software check, say if you are on wifi, to ensure you have the latest version? Or is it a mystery to when it becomes available for specific cars?

There is no way to trigger or force an update. We're at Tesla's mercy.

You can always see the version of the firmware your car has by pressing the Tesla T at the top of the 17 inch display.

Nice, so there's hope for me yet... was wondering when us single motor guys were going to get this.

Just installed .238 this morning in my December 2014 P85 with autopilot.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been a month for me now, on .188... curious if you are going to get 236 or 238... just noticed that there is one posted for .238

Finally got an update notification about an hour ago (been on .188 for almost a month now). Will report back and update the tracker once the upgrade is complete.

I'm away from my car right now (driving a crappy ICE) but my car has identified two updates. I'm trying to get someone to identify if the car updated one or both of these updates before I can put anything into the tracker. The most recent update notified me on the 30th so presumably .238. The previous one was the 28th (I think). I'm not sure if the update re-notifies if ignored the first time.

Can Franz , mesalum, and Pompel please confirm they received .238 and not .236?
thanks.
It's definitely .238 here is a photo to prove it.
IMG_20150602_091753.jpg
IMG_20150602_091846.jpg
IMG_20150602_091856.jpg

Things seem to have quieted down on the firmware upgrade front. I just checked the tracker and only a handful of upgrades have been reported in the last week or so.

Also, it seems .245 hasn't been widely distributed. I've been on .236 for almost a month now, didn't even get .238 or .239 - I'm assuming bug fixes in the last few releases haven't been important enough to distribute to everyone?

I have 101.36.2 version of 6.2 installed. Is that some sort of custom build?l

I've had that for a long time. And then last night I got a software update notification. The new build starts installing moments from now. I assume it's .239?

UPDATE: Interesting. Software loading now. Car making all sorts of clicking sounds in the garage.

UPDATE 2: Even more interesting. Out of curiosity I plugged the HPWC charger into the car while the software was updating. I noticed the 17" screen was black, and the dashboard screen said "Software Update Required - Contact Tesla Service". Then the car started charging even though I have it set to only charge at 4am. The 17" screen then booted up, big T logo, then the normal display. I stopped the charging and the error warnings went away, and the Release Notes for .239 appeared.

Last edited:
Things seem to have quieted down on the firmware upgrade front. I just checked the tracker and only a handful of upgrades have been reported in the last week or so.

Also, it seems .245 hasn't been widely distributed. I've been on .236 for almost a month now, didn't even get .238 or .239 - I'm assuming bug fixes in the last few releases haven't been important enough to distribute to everyone?

It seems that .245 has mostly been installed at the SC (or during a ranger visit). We have one single report of a WiFi install and I wonder what the story is there.
Also, this morning we got the first report of .249, also installed at the SC. As it happens, my P85D is at the SC (for the fourth time in the three months that I have owned it - it's like driving a 1984 Jaguar) and the phone app notified my yesterday evening that a new firmware version was available... I hope to get the car back today (with a new front motor and half a dozen other issues addressed - I'm an optimist) and we'll see which version I got...