Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, even though I proudly drive a classic, it makes complete sense to prioritize an update that's 40% driver assist functions to driver assist cars. I can wait. As long as full-fleet features continue to be added, I'm happy.
Look at the analysis that HankLloydRight is posting at http://logmysc.com/track-reports.php -- it's quite interesting to see the distribution. So far our data set is a little small, but I'm guessing that it still already gives a fairly good idea of how this is rolled out.

Just got my 6.2 update on my 85D. Strangely, my car now shows up as a Model S Founder. :D :p Easter egg maybe?
ec323f37a4652ea1a894f9f0ab830838.jpg

As we discussed in the wiki page, I've now created a simple web app to build on what dirkhh did started there.

This app can capture any number of firmware upgrades across all models and future firmware releases. I've attempted to make it as general and extensible as possible to accommodate any changes in future cars/models/firmware releases, etc.

I've already loaded up all the 6.2 updates listed in the Wiki and generated some initial reports, you can view here: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

To get started for anyone else who wants to add data to this, please go here: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

If you've already posted a 6.2 update on the wiki, your data is already entered.

This is very much a beta version app (but it works), so please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvement.

thanks

this is great, thanks Hank. We've gone from can we create a poll/thread to remove the I've got it from feature discussion, to manual wiki tracking, to live web app to track and quickly analyze patterns. Awesome

+1 rep to you, and also to Dirk. :)

this is great, thanks Hank. We've gone from can we create a poll/thread to remove the I've got it from feature discussion, to manual wiki tracking, to live web app to track and quickly analyze patterns. Awesome

+1 rep to you, and also to Dirk. :)

Yes, a big thanks to dirkhh whose idea it was to start tracking the stuff in the wiki. Give both these guys some reputation points!

Another quick update on 6.2 statistics

115 poll responses here, 45 in the Firmware Tracker Tool

Biggest outlier is that the poll lists 6 "classic" Model S that received the updata (~5%) whereas we have only one in the tool, and that was a service center upgrade - I wonder if any of the 6 reported here were OTA
We're still all on the same build (2.4.124), majority of updates went to 6xxxx Vin range. There still appears some bias toward the P85D as 55% of all entries in the tracker tool (and 52% of the poll votes) are from P85D, yet I doubt that 55% of the "installed base" of autopilot cars are P85D.

I'd love to see a lot more people add their data to the tool.

Yes, a big thanks to dirkhh whose idea it was to start tracking the stuff in the wiki. Give both these guys some reputation points!

Also, after talking with Hank and Dirk, I'm intending to close the poll aspect of this thread by end of day tomorrow, and point people to the firmware tracker, in order to minimize duplication of effort. If any objections, let me know before then. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only blackhole P85D that hasn't gotten 6.2 yet? :(

It may well be the case that, as per the update FAQ on the wiki, updates have slowed/suspended to gauge any issues with current version. This has happened before...
Also, make sure you've driven the car recently, you are connected to wifi, that you are sitting in your home location plugged into the wall and that your car is pointing in the direction of Tesla's Fremont location*

cheers, Mike

* only one of these is believe to actually increase potential of receiving update - none are guaranteed

Also, after talking with Hank and Dirk, I'm intending to close the poll aspect of this thread by end of day tomorrow, and point people to the firmware tracker, in order to minimize duplication of effort. If any objections, let me know before then. Thanks

This is definitely dirkhh's call, but in case he hadn't thought of this aspect of this, you may want to check with him one more time before closing it, if he doesn't get with you or respond. My thinking is that leaving it open allows Dirk to see if there continues to be this gap in response, and allows him to attempt to narrow that gap if he chooses to attempt to do so. As you, Mike, or someone else pointed out a while ago, the poll is just a couple of clicks, so it's really easy. Once someone has completed the poll, if they wind up being asked to take the extra step, they may go ahead and do it. But I think if they find the poll closed, they are probably less likely to go the extra mile in the first place. I mean sure, some people will, but those people aren't the people I'm talking about trying to catch. You're going to get those people anyway. The trick is getting those people who were just willing to fill out the poll to go a little further, and I fear if the poll is closed we'll just lose them completely.

Again--definitely dirkhh's call, as he's the one writing to these people, and he may well have had enough of that anyway. But if he's still inclined to write to people, my fear is that once the poll closes he may quickly find he has no one to write to.

This is definitely dirkhh's call, but in case he hadn't thought of this aspect of this, you may want to check with him one more time before closing it, if he doesn't get with you or respond. My thinking is that leaving it open allows Dirk to see if there continues to be this gap in response, and allows him to attempt to narrow that gap if he chooses to attempt to do so. As you, Mike, or someone else pointed out a while ago, the poll is just a couple of clicks, so it's really easy. Once someone has completed the poll, if they wind up being asked to take the extra step, they may go ahead and do it. But I think if they find the poll closed, they are probably less likely to go the extra mile in the first place. I mean sure, some people will, but those people aren't the people I'm talking about trying to catch. You're going to get those people anyway. The trick is getting those people who were just willing to fill out the poll to go a little further, and I fear if the poll is closed we'll just lose them completely.

Again--definitely dirkhh's call, as he's the one writing to these people, and he may well have had enough of that anyway. But if he's still inclined to write to people, my fear is that once the poll closes he may quickly find he has no one to write to.
Very generous, Andyw2100... MikeBur talked to me and I told him that it was his poll, his call. I have no problem continuing to nag people about using the firmware tracker. But I definitely agree with Mike that it would be great to link to the FIrmware Tracker in the poll itself...

Am I the only blackhole P85D that hasn't gotten 6.2 yet? :(

no. I got it yesterday (Tuesday) morning - in fact, got it Monday night but didn't install until Tuesday morning.

this is for a P85D delivered on Thursday last week.

i had a hunch on Sunday how to game the system to likely get to the head of the queue for 6.2 upgrade.
my theory was that they would be prioritising updates to people that are doing long trips that require supercharging to complete a trip.

no idea if the theory was correct, but for plotting in navigation SF to NY on Monday morning, sure enough Monday evening and the upgrade was pushed out to my car.
who knows if it was because of it being a P85D, a new P85D, in good wifi/3G range, because i plotted a trip, because i'm close to the Tesla factory or just plain luck but i know what i think it is and that if I was Tesla i'd focus on upgrade order that matched where most of the benefit of the updated version are.

I installed my update to 6.2 on Monday. I updated the logmysc page, but accidentally put in 3/28 for the date instead of 3/30. Can that be changed? It might be useful to allow someone with fat fingers like me to replace an existing entry. Maybe just add the same firmware release again and it replaces an existing one. I was going to try doing that, but didn't want to see multiple entries and have people think I was trying to stuff the ballot box.

Based on a suggestion of a forum member, I rebooted the two screens and about 20 mins later, got the notification that the software was ready to install. So, this means every time there's a new firmware version, I'll be rebooting my screens about every 5 minutes until I get it. Lol

Based on a suggestion of a forum member, I rebooted the two screens and about 20 mins later, got the notification that the software was ready to install. So, this means every time there's a new firmware version, I'll be rebooting my screens about every 5 minutes until I get it. Lol

Odd. Perhaps it got stuck validating the hashes on the update? I don't believe the entire download process could take place in 20 min. At least that's never been the case with mine.

Odd. Perhaps it got stuck validating the hashes on the update? I don't believe the entire download process could take place in 20 min. At least that's never been the case with mine.

A reboot would not pull the update in any event, so the 20 minutes is not in any way related to download time. The only (tenuously) plausible relationship between reboot and update notification would be if

a) update was already downloaded but car had not recognized, and reboot somehow caused it to recognize that download was complete...
b) or somehow it was stuck near end of download and reboot caused download to resume

Otherwise, the update notification just after reboot is just a coincidence. If people want to waste time rebooting in expectation of accelerating an update, well... go ahead, but unlikely to do anything but further increase your blood pressure.