Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my previous message was "premature whining". Got my update notice 15 minutes ago and it is installing as I type. AND I am vin#1571, a real "classic" so we are apparently not being discriminated against. Can't wait to play with it!:smile:
Interesting - according to your entry in the tracker you got 2.4.124, while several other classics today got 2.4.136... I wonder why...

So it looks like after a bunch of almost exclusively AP cars got .124 we are now seeing mostly classic cars getting .136 (so far no AP car has reported in with .136).
That is fascinating. I love this tool. What a brilliant idea. Oh. Oops.
Great work HankLloydRight!

@dirkh: Time your turned your mathematical skills from reputation points to FW roll-out algorithms?
There's a lot more money, err, reputation points in bs-ing about reputation points, but yeah, I'm very curious figuring this out. And there's a very clear trend.
VIN 00282 is still patiently waiting btw.
So far only one <10k has received it OTA (two at the SC)... lowest VIN is 1500, so I guess no Sig has gotten 6.2, yet.
of course, all this is based on very incomplete data. I keep sending people PMs and post in all threads, asking people to update the tracker... that's the only way we can get enough data for meaningful analysis...

If you save a firmware update record with the same date, it will overwrite the existing record. But if the date is different, it will add a new record. If that happens, just let me know and I'll fix it.
Fixit. Thanks:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

There's a lot more money, err, reputation points in bs-ing about reputation points, but yeah, I'm very curious figuring this out. And there's a very clear trend.

So far only one <10k has received it OTA (two at the SC)... lowest VIN is 1500, so I guess no Sig has gotten 6.2, yet.
of course, all this is based on very incomplete data. I keep sending people PMs and post in all threads, asking people to update the tracker... that's the only way we can get enough data for meaningful analysis...
Can't tell you how satisfying is it is to finally have something over the Sigs. Won't last, I'm sure.

Enhanced one report to add Auto-Pilot columns:

Updates by Model/Autopilot
ModelTrimCountAuto
Pilot
Non
Auto
Pilot
Min BuildMax Build
S604312.4.1242.4.124
S85191362.4.1242.4.136
S85D6602.4.1242.4.124
SP859542.4.1242.4.136
SP85+2202.4.1242.4.124
SP85D393902.4.1242.4.124

Created new daily build summary (last 10 days). It's a rolling 10-day window. Cool report, thanks Dirk.

Updates by Build/Day
BuildTotalToday (t) t-1 t-2 t-3 t-4 t-5 t-6 t-7 t-8 t-9 t-10

Enhanced one report to add Auto-Pilot columns:

Updates Created new daily build summary (last 10 days). It's a rolling 10-day window. Cool report, thanks Dirk.

Updates by Build/Day
BuildTotalToday (t) t-1 t-2 t-3 t-4 t-5 t-6 t-7 t-8 t-9 t-10

Would it be difficult for you to enhance this report with the (rolling) actual date and day of the week? I realize it shouldn't be necessary, but from a user-friendliness aspect, if it would be easy for you to add, I think it would make the report easier to understand.

There'd be small print below your "t-x" numbers. When you posted the above, t=Friday, 4/3. So then the next column would have, "Thursday, 4/2" under t-1, etc.

Just an idea.

So I must have missed an early post explaining this, but why does Tesla have to "roll out" the software update over time rather than just pushing it to all cars? Does Tesla have a tiny computer or something?

The generally accepted reasoning on this is that if there is a flaw/bug in the software that wasn't discovered during normal testing that is discovered during the general release Tesla can halt the deployment and fix it. In the meantime the bug is on a limited number of vehicles and not deployed to the entire fleet at once.

Would it be difficult for you to enhance this report with the (rolling) actual date and day of the week? I realize it shouldn't be necessary, but from a user-friendliness aspect, if it would be easy for you to add, I think it would make the report easier to understand.

There'd be small print below your "t-x" numbers. When you posted the above, t=Friday, 4/3. So then the next column would have, "Thursday, 4/2" under t-1, etc.

Just an idea.

Yes, of course.. but there was only so much I could do last night from my notebook in a hotel room at midnight tethering on 4G over a VPN. ;) I'll put in the bells and whistles later.

I also wanted to give it a SpaceX feel. :)

Last edited:
I wonder if this poll tells more about the demographics of active TMC users than the actual rollout?

Over time it will be easy to see patterns and probably infer whether or not that is the case.

If the current hypothesis is that the P85Ds (or all Ds) weren't really getting updated in higher numbers or first, but there are just higher numbers of P85D owners (or all D owners) active on TMC because the models are new, then if in a year or two, when the the models are no longer new if they are still getting updated in higher numbers or first, we'll more reasonably be able to reach conclusions about what is happening.