Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is pretty clear to me that D's were first getting all the torque sleep variants of 6.1, which makes sense because the majority of the features were for D. Also clear that AP enabled cars (not especially D) were first to get 6.2 because of significant Driver Assist features. Before these two releases, it was much more random. I expect as we continue to get new hardware configs, updates will be rolled first to those cars that best exercise the features. In my opinion, if anything, the TMC "active poster" demographics skew to the older cars beyond their proportion of total population.

You could do a poll to find out!

It is pretty clear to me that D's were first getting all the torque sleep variants of 6.1, which makes sense because the majority of the features were for D. Also clear that AP enabled cars (not especially D) were first to get 6.2 because of significant Driver Assist features. Before these two releases, it was much more random. I expect as we continue to get new hardware configs, updates will be rolled first to those cars that best exercise the features. In my opinion, if anything, the TMC "active poster" demographics skew to the older cars beyond their proportion of total population.

I'm right there with you. My early(ish) 85 only seems to get updates when I ask the service center to do it weeks after it rolls out. I'm determined to wait it out this time and see if mine ever appears or if somehow my car is stuck in some sort of update void. ;-)
Admittedly the data in the Firmware tracker isn't comprehensive enough to really give a complete picture of what's happening (simply too few people are reporting so far... only 105 entries), but it seems to show a somewhat uneven distribution:
Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 2.37.40 PM.png

What I find very odd is that the earliest cars seem to have more reports then the 1xxxx - 4xxxx cars... but this could be partially caused by selection bias... more of the truly early adopters are still active on TMC than the group "in the middle". But is seems clear that the AP cars have received a higher ratio of updates.

Edited to add: wow - screenshots from the iMac 5k look HUGE!!!

You can try to copy/paste the table itself directly (this is from Chrome):

Updates by VIN Range
Vin RangeCountMin BuildMax Build
0xxxx132.4.1242.4.136
1xxxx62.4.1242.4.136
2xxxx52.4.1362.4.136
3xxxx62.4.1242.4.136
4xxxx52.4.1242.4.136
5xxxx102.4.1242.4.136
6xxxx452.4.1242.4.124
7xxxx132.4.1242.4.124
8xxxx22.4.1242.4.124

I wonder if this poll tells more about the demographics of active TMC users than the actual rollout?

In my opinion, if anything, the TMC "active poster" demographics skew to the older cars beyond their proportion of total population.

Also keep in mind that many of the "older car"/longer-term TMC posters have sold their early cars and upgraded to P85Ds.

They seem to be better about getting the rollout going again once it is stopped. Used to take them several weeks to push out a patch, but I wouldn't be surprised to see new reports of OTA happening this week.
Not sure what you are basing this one...
We have more than a hundred upgrades reported last week and then it stopped with only five reported since Sunday... so I'd say right now we are more or less "paused". It will be quite interesting to have actual data and SEE when they restart the roll-out... assuming we can get a high enough ratio of people to report... I'm PMing everyone I see posting about having received the update who hasn't posted to the tool... which is getting old :-/