Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought about testing this... but no where to safely do so at the moment. :(

You'd think it would be in the on-screen release notes, which I believe are customized to show the relevant updates by hardware (e.g. non-autopilot models shouldn't show such features).

Jason, did your P85D finish updating, and if so can you please check all the release notes for any mention of increased power and/or top speed? Thanks.

My P85D notified me of the update. I told it to "Install Now". It counted down from 2 minutes, then made the "you're about to hit something, STOP!" noise and displayed "Never Insert Charge Cable Using the Charge Port Lever" / "Using Lever to Insert Cable Will Prevent Charging" and doesn't seem to have done anything else.

I have no idea what the charge port lever is? Is this a normal quirk of the installation process, or did something go wrong? Googling for this phrase doesn't seem like anyone else has ever received this before.

IMG_0252.JPG

My P85D notified me of the update. I told it to "Install Now". It counted down from 2 minutes, then made the "you're about to hit something, STOP!" noise and displayed "Never Insert Charge Cable Using the Charge Port Lever" / "Using Lever to Insert Cable Will Prevent Charging" and doesn't seem to have done anything else.

I have no idea what the charge port lever is? Is this a normal quirk of the installation process, or did something go wrong? Googling for this phrase doesn't seem like anyone else has ever received this before.

View attachment 76452

Could this be a hint at the device that plugs your car in automatically when it parks itself in your garage?

View attachment 76452

When an install is initiated the car can do all sorts of odd things. I've seen lights flash and all sorts of messages.
Basically, don't pay attention to anything it does until the update is complete. Just let it do its thing.

Nothing went wrong, but it is interesting that there is such a thing as a "charge point lever". Agree with duckjybe that it sounds like it could have something to do with the solid metal snake Elon tweeted about. That might imply that that device would be ready before version 7 comes out.

Did you possibly touch the brake while the update was going?

Nope, didn't touch anything.

Nothing went wrong, but it is interesting that there is such a thing as a "charge point lever". Agree with duckjybe that it sounds like it could have something to do with the solid metal snake Elon tweeted about. That might imply that that device would be ready before version 7 comes out.

Yeah, I'm betting this is either a leftover from an old unreleased design or something new.

You'd think it would be in the on-screen release notes, which I believe are customized to show the relevant updates by hardware (e.g. non-autopilot models shouldn't show such features).

Jason, did your P85D finish updating, and if so can you please check all the release notes for any mention of increased power and/or top speed? Thanks.

Nothing to really measure with at the moment but feels like it drives exactly the same. I do a 0-60 run in the samr spot frequently and I got to 60 at the same point as usual.

30-60, 40-60, 60-80 all feel the same to me.

If there is a difference, its not noticeable to me.

Valet does prevent disabling remote access.

That's a weird message. Charge port lever. Hmmm.

I'm wondering if an early version of the Model S port design used some kind of manual locking lever. I've seen outdoor rated high voltage connectors that have a locking lever that is just supposed to hold the connector in place, but if you have it 3/4ths in you can use the lever to sorta force it to fully mate. Maybe that's what was happening here and they wanted to discourage doing that.

Valet mode is super nerf mode. I put it in valet mode at a light and then floored it........ and..... 0-60 in like 15 seconds. Lol. Felt like I was driving an '81 Yugo.

The thing I noticed about nerf mode (hmmm...I like it) is that not only is max power limited, but the rate at which power comes on is reduced. That was unexpected but also kinda cool.

Still not gonna let my kid drive it when he gets old enough though :).