Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. So 2 hours 15 minutes just to install?

You should plan on that amount of time, but there's a good chance it won't take that long. The last couple of updates haven't taken as long as some before them. But there have been some that did take in the two hour or even longer range.

Also in the past some people experienced odd issues, and some even had to have the firmware update pushed to them again, and go through the process again if they "interrupted" the process at all while it was happening by doing anything to interact with the car, like opening doors, etc. Obviously this shouldn't happen, but it has happened. So my advice to you would be that once you do start the countdown timer to the update, leave the car (efore the update actually begins) and don't check it again for a couple of hours, and then check only from the outside, by looking in, to see if the firmware update is complete. (You'll see a message on the 17" display.)

These precautions are probably unnecessary, but my feeling is better safe than sorry.

Obviously this shouldn't happen, but it has happened. So my advice to you would be that once you do start the countdown timer to the update, leave the car (efore the update actually begins) and don't check it again for a couple of hours, and then check only from the outside, by looking in, to see if the firmware update is complete. (You'll see a message on the 17" display.)

These precautions are probably unnecessary, but my feeling is better safe than sorry.

This is my plan as well. Probably no need to baby it, but really no reason to tempt fate either. Let it go overnight and rest assured all will be good in the morning. If you do go to check on it, don't have your keyfob with you so it won't know you are outside looking in.

You should plan on that amount of time, but there's a good chance it won't take that long. The last couple of updates haven't taken as long as some before them. But there have been some that did take in the two hour or even longer range.

Also in the past some people experienced odd issues, and some even had to have the firmware update pushed to them again, and go through the process again if they "interrupted" the process at all while it was happening by doing anything to interact with the car, like opening doors, etc. Obviously this shouldn't happen, but it has happened. So my advice to you would be that once you do start the countdown timer to the update, leave the car (efore the update actually begins) and don't check it again for a couple of hours, and then check only from the outside, by looking in, to see if the firmware update is complete. (You'll see a message on the 17" display.)

Great advice. Will do.

I received the same notification this morning too.
I think it dis say that it would over 2 hours to install.
Have had the car since December, and have had numerous updates ....none took that long. I assume this one is bigger or they just wanted to cover a worse case scenario (completely unlike their course of action on Consoles).

No update notifications here on the P85D or P85. I've been in the first batch of updates the last few times, so, I'm disappointed. :(

Definitely curious to find out the version from someone who installs...... 7.0?!?!?!

*crosses fingers*

lol

I received the same notification this morning too.
I think it dis say that it would over 2 hours to install.
Have had the car since December, and have had numerous updates ....none took that long. I assume this one is bigger or they just wanted to cover a worse case scenario (completely unlike their course of action on Consoles).

Every update ln the 6.2 line I have gotten has said the same thing.

I'm installing now, so I'll check back on it in an hour or so. I'll post pics if there's anything interesting.

Changes to maps to indicate when a supercharger is in/out of range and additional routing options.

Also:
* Blind spot warning has been improved to reduce alerts
* Automatic Emergency Braking has been further improved to reduce the impact of an unavoidable frontal collision
* Traffic-aware Cruise Control is now more responsive at higher speeds.

Changes to maps to indicate when a supercharger is in/out of range and additional routing options.

Also:
* Blind spot warning has been improved to reduce alerts
* Automatic Emergency Braking has been further improved to reduce the impact of an unavoidable frontal collision
* Traffic-aware Cruise Control is now more responsive at higher speeds.

Those last two items sound like "fixed a bug that could cause the car to rear end the car in front when using cruise control at high speed"

IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg