Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope they keep this destination charging database relatively up to date. I stopped by one in Santa Rosa, CA and both destination charger HPWCs advertised by the Nav were out of service (one completely removed, the other not working)

Did you report that to Tesla? Reports like that from people like you who find conditions to be other than what is reported are likely to be the only way the database is kept up to date.

Geeze, I sure hope they keep this this way for older cars... the "stop at a 5mph increment" is so messed up to me. I want the controls to do specific and predictable things. If I do a "full up" I want to know that's going to add exactly 5mph to my current speed, not 1,2,3 or 4 mph depending upon my current speed to the next 5mph increment, and then +5 more from there. What a misguided idea this is. IMHO.

This.

This may actually make blind spot warnings finally useful enough to warrant trying them again.

Now, it Tesla would just push .236 to me so I could actually test it... (I'm still on .188)

Well I just experienced the blind sensor changes in very heavy rain. Completely unusable and IMHO a bit dangerous now in heavy rain. The rear sensors were going off constantly, no other cars on the road, And you get a nasty alarming beep when changing lanes when the sensor is going off with a false positive. It was alarming enough to make me take double takes every-time I changed lanes or needed to turn, pretty disconcerting. ( Makes me wonder if sonar sensors are anywhere near reliable for the level of autonomy Tesla wants to do with these cars. Seems a 360deg radar/lidar s really the only way to go for reliability in any sort of adverse conditions )

What does a Model S have in common with a Chrsler 200?

OK, just got back from a week away where I rented Chrysler 200... WORST POS CAR I'VE EVER DRIVEN... no pickup, huge lag in gearshifts, cheap looking inside and out. Totally non-intuitive controls. And, one stupid bug that was REALLY annoying: regardless of whether I left audio on or off, each time I started the car, the radio would come on.

SO glad to come home to my MS, reminded me how great it is... Tesla would not screw up the audio control like that, would they? Would they? WELL, yes they would! Ever since 6.2 update, the darned radio comes on each time I get in the car. Regardless of whether I left it on or off. I sure hope this is fixed SOON, because I don't want my Tesla to have ANYTHING in common with that Chrysler except 4 wheels!

OK, just got back from a week away where I rented Chrysler 200... WORST POS CAR I'VE EVER DRIVEN... no pickup, huge lag in gearshifts, cheap looking inside and out. Totally non-intuitive controls. And, one stupid bug that was REALLY annoying: regardless of whether I left audio on or off, each time I started the car, the radio would come on.

SO glad to come home to my MS, reminded me how great it is... Tesla would not screw up the audio control like that, would they? Would they? WELL, yes they would! Ever since 6.2 update, the darned radio comes on each time I get in the car. Regardless of whether I left it on or off. I sure hope this is fixed SOON, because I don't want my Tesla to have ANYTHING in common with that Chrysler except 4 wheels!

Weird because mine never comes on by itself upon entry.

Mine never did before 6.2. Quite a number of others have mentioned same issue commencing with 6.2 on Audio threads, so it's not just my imagination. I'm on a pretty early 6.2 version, maybe it has been fixed since.

I'm on .188.... however, I never actually stop the music (how exactly do you turn the radio off? I've never seen an option for this...). I always just turn it down. It's always still turned down when I come back.

I'm on .188.... however, I never actually stop the music (how exactly do you turn the radio off? I've never seen an option for this...). I always just turn it down. It's always still turned down when I come back.

I pause it. Before 6.2, it used to remember it was left paused. Not any more! Yes, I can turn it down to zero each time I leave the car, and that DOES work - except that it keeps advancing tracks while I'm gone, and I come back to something completely different, which is aggravating.

I pause it. Before 6.2, it used to remember it was left paused. Not any more! Yes, I can turn it down to zero each time I leave the car, and that DOES work - except that it keeps advancing tracks while I'm gone, and I come back to something completely different, which is aggravating.

Ah... yeah, I usually just use Slacker and one of their random stations... so I don't particularly care what song is playing.