Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got home and the Homelink didn't recognize that I was home. Then when I plugged in the charger, it did not recognize that I have delayed charging for my home location. Then I looked at the Nav and noticed it thought was in a different city?!?

Rebooted the screen and no difference.

Advice?

Try deleting your home location and re-entering it. I believe some people have had success deleting stored locations and re-entering them when the nav system messes up in the way it sounds like yours may be messing up.

I got home and the Homelink didn't recognize that I was home. Then when I plugged in the charger, it did not recognize that I have delayed charging for my home location. Then I looked at the Nav and noticed it thought was in a different city?!?

Rebooted the screen and no difference.

Advice?

Sounds like your GPS calibraryion went to heck.
I think Tesla told others to drive around for a day or two and it'll figure it out by itself. Or just give Tesla a call and complain...

When you call, be sure to tell them that Dirk thought it might be the calibraryion. Those calibraryions can get downright tricky if you're not careful.
Hey, thanks iPhone / autocorrect. a) what where you thinking and b)you helped Andyw2100 poke fun at me.
/me makes a note NOT to give Andyw2100 positive repuation the next time he posts to the tracker... and the time after that... and after that, too... :p

quick reminder - instead of posting "got it" here and filling up the thread, please post your data to the Firmware Tracker. That way everyone interested can see who got what when and how. We also get extremely useful statistics. And this thread isn't cluttered with all those "got it" messages.
And to create at least some value in my post... .236 seems to be a 'D'-only release with no RWD cars reporting so far. 22 cars reported so far, which is roughly in line with the releases that we consider "testing something new" and far fewer than what we see when Tesla thinks they have a good one and push it out to "most everyone"...

Got completion message that my install was incomplete and I will be notified later. Version shows to be .236 BUT I also have message displayed that "Parking Assist is disabled". same for blind spot detection. Now that is a bummer. So, hope the re-install attempt will come soon.

Last edited:
Sadly, it doesn't seem to be. I just got it installed last night, so maybe I'm mistaken. I'll double-check and follow up if I'm hallucinating, but I did set up a test of it this exact thing – started audio playing from USB, paused it and left the car. Came back An hour or two later and it was playing again, a different track. I do have energy-saving enabled.

(Update: Confirmed, still broken.)

ugh - you cursed me... ;-) Just got back into car and it came back on automatically after being paused... Sigh- still broken. The worst is I was listening to explicit comedy via Slacker and kids got in car first. D'Oh!

ugh - you cursed me... ;-) Just got back into car and it came back on automatically after being paused... Sigh- still broken. The worst is I was listening to explicit comedy via Slacker and kids got in car first. D'Oh!
That is the BEST channel, I listen until I've heard all the bits, take a break for a couple of months, then listen again. My "kid" is 28 and living 1000 miles away, so no risk, though there are some bits that offend my wife.

And I did find one bug so far in .236: my walk-away door locks stopped working. Good thing I have VisibleTesla running with unlock warnings set at 5 minutes, otherwise I would have left the car unlocked all day! After getting the notification, I went out to test it and sure enough, the doors wouldn't lock themselves after the usual 20-ish seconds (I walked more than 50 feet away from the car).

After disabling the option in the Settings screen and re-enabling it, walk-away door locks now functions again as per its intended purpose. Beware of this potential issue in your car if you've just upgraded to .236!

I can confirm this bug, though not the solution for it. Before being able to test the solution, I had to perform a scroll-wheel reset, as I also had no bluetooth connection between my phone and the car, and it may have been that reset that solved the walk-away door locking issue. The other thing that may have resolved it (though I doubt it--I'm only mentioning it for completeness' sake) is that I also disabled and re-enabled my tilting mirrors when in reverse.

I have written to Tesla to notify them of this bug.

That is the BEST channel, I listen until I've heard all the bits, take a break for a couple of months, then listen again. My "kid" is 28 and living 1000 miles away, so no risk, though there are some bits that offend my wife.

Same thing here.

It's my own fault though. I shouldn't have expected different behavior as it wasn't listed in the minor build release notes (yay, thanks again TM for listening). Still I have to wonder what else was "fixed" that makes this roll out occur only on D models to date...? ;-)