Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice that the blind spot warning now mutes (or at least lowers) the music/radio volume?
It happened once this morning and thought it was a fluke until it happened again a couple of times this afternoon.

It seems to be similar to the way the collision warning lowers/mutes the volume, most likely to make sure you hear it.

Good thing the frequency of blind spot warnings has been greatly reduced...

New destination info and updates to charge listing.

18185524411_9b8a5b94fb_z_d.jpg
17998135709_1607d32d8e_z_d.jpg

So I updated the software last night and now whenever I drive I keep getting an alert that reads "Blind Spot Warning Disabled. Drive with Caution". The only way to fix this is to turn Blind Spot Warning on and off and it works again.

Is this a bug in the software? Anyone else seeing this?

Contact Tesla sometimes weird stuff like this happens if the software update didn't complete properly.

Incidentally I got .236 this morning and let it install while sitting in the garage at work. I do think TACC is slightly improved. Seems to be quicker to detect people cutting in front of you and quicker to speed up when someone moves out from in front of you. But that could just be in my head a production of the placebo effect of the release notes. One commute is probably not a definitive sample though.

Contact Tesla sometimes weird stuff like this happens if the software update didn't complete properly.

Incidentally I got .236 this morning and let it install while sitting in the garage at work. I do think TACC is slightly improved. Seems to be quicker to detect people cutting in front of you and quicker to speed up when someone moves out from in front of you. But that could just be in my head a production of the placebo effect of the release notes. One commute is probably not a definitive sample though.

Thank you for the reply. I've only had the car since Friday and this was my first Software Update so I wasn't sure if it was just me or it happened to everyone that downloaded it. My car is currently getting Opti-Coat Pro installed so when I pick it up Friday morning, if it happens again I'll call Tesla. Thanks!

Had the notice that new software was available this morning and subsequently installed .236 (tracker has been updated). A number of observations that I think are new as I don't recall them being present previously? I apologize if these are not new and I have just been that clueless :frown:

Also noticed that blind spot warning doesn't seem to give me any audible sound now when it goes from white to red in the instrument panel. I have booted both screens, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Do you actually have to put on your turn signal or begin to cross the line for it give you an audible alert?

1) when choosing to dial a phone number from within the navigation screen, a small pop-up comes up now that lets you choose to go to the phone app, end the call, or you can x-out of the window and go back to the previous screens.

IMG_2458.JPG

2) Pop up keyboard makes underlying window shrink into the background.

IMG_2459.JPG

3) Scheduled charging now shows a clock on top of the battery symbol.

IMG_2450.JPG

4) Changing the radio volume causes the album art to fade into the background on the instrument panel

IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG

PS - not sure why all my photos are sideways, as they are right side up on my laptop?

Attachments

• IMG_2458.JPG
    IMG_2458.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 713
So I updated the software last night and now whenever I drive I keep getting an alert that reads "Blind Spot Warning Disabled. Drive with Caution". The only way to fix this is to turn Blind Spot Warning on and off and it works again.

Is this a bug in the software? Anyone else seeing this?

That has been there before. It happened for me on prior builds when I changed lanes at higher speeds with the blindspot warning turning red. It almost seemed like the car was expecting a side impact.
After a while the system reset itself.

The latest .236 build for me the blind spot warning is useless. It was better previously.

My gray bar shows up waaaaaayyyy too late and sometimes not at all.

Here's an idea TM, I will pay for new mirrors, but I want the light up warning light in there.

Since that may never happen, I would like the actual blind spot warning to work.

If I actually changed lanes without physically checking, depending solely on the blind spot warning,
I would have been in 10 accidents already. The warning is just nowhere near as good other cars that have
these. Maybe I am crazy, but are these actually useful to anyone?

1. It shows up way too late when someone is coming up from behind you. Mine warning only shows
up when the car is way out of my blind spot.
2. It does not show at all if I am overtaking someone and they end up in my blind spot.
3. With Semi trucks, it shows up only when the wheels are in your blind spot. Strangely
says nothing is in your blind spot when a huge truck is next to you.
4. I really think it should be less of a blind spot warning and more of a don't change lane warning.
If someone is next to me or coming up fast, and I decide to move over lanes, it should warn me.
5. It does not work at slower speeds.

Really, its truly not good. Time to rethink this one TM. IMHO.

I'm seeing something weird on .236 on my 85D. I just got the update night before last. What's happening is that the traction control light is firing sometimes when doing low-speed turns (into parking lots, at left turn lights, etc.). When this happens, the car seems to be overriding my braking or accelerator and seems to move on its own. The TC has *never* fired on this car in 2000 miles before, even in the wet. This is on dry pavement.

What email would you all report this to?

Edit: Never mind, went ahead and called support on the phone. They are looking into it.

Last edited:
I'm seeing something weird on .236 on my 85D. I just got the update night before last. What's happening is that the traction control light is firing sometimes when doing low-speed turns (into parking lots, at left turn lights, etc.). When this happens, the car seems to be overriding my braking or accelerator and seems to move on its own. The TC has *never* fired on this car in 2000 miles before, even in the wet. This is on dry pavement.

I noticed that traction control also came one for me a couple of times when I wouldn't expect to, also on dry pavement. Once was out of a tight turn, the other after passing a train track.
But in my case the car was just not accelerating until I stopped pressing the accelerator pedal completely. After doing so, the TC light turned off and I was able to accelerate again.

I noticed that traction control also came one for me a couple of times when I wouldn't expect to, also on dry pavement. Once was out of a tight turn, the other after passing a train track.
But in my case the car was just not accelerating until I stopped pressing the accelerator pedal completely. After doing so, the TC light turned off and I was able to accelerate again.

Interesting. Had you ever had it go off before .236? In my case I definitely could have hit a car in front of me had I been following too closely.

You know all these posts that say "release x caused something to change for me" are rather useless when you don't say what release you had before. Almost everybody does this.

First of all, why? Take the most recently discussed issues concerning the traction control, for example. What difference does it make what version the posters came from? They are talking about an issue that now exists in .236. Similarly if someone says that the "improved" blind spot detection that .236 advertises in the release notes is actually worse than it was in previous versions, it's really not all that relevant what version they came from.

And finally, if you really want to know the version the poster had before, there is a decent chance that the information is in the update tracker. So you can always check there.

Scratching my head here. Car was in for service today and it had 2.4.188 when it went in. Got a notification on my phone that a software update was available. Ok, fine, to be expected. Got the car back tonight and it still has .188! Odd, no? Did they stop pushing the 200 builds?