Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing multiple reports in sweden that for the 70D, the latest 2.5.46 had their rated range (named typical in europe) display at 90% charge increase significantly (20+ km). Anyone else seeing this?

Will check out this weekend here with my 70D. For now, the 50% charge has been exactly the same though with 2.5.46 for about a week now. Still 120 miles each time fully charged to 50%. My first 100% was 246, and last one was 240.

On-grid at the moment, and charging both Model S. At some point the P85 dropped back to 60A from 80A with the whole charge speed reduced nonsense for whatever reason (I've never been able to find a reason). I checked a little while later and it had recovered on it's own to 80A. I've never seen it do this before. Usually once it drops it never returns.
I am assuming you are charging from home HPWC, could it be that the HPWC is self regulating with the car current draw if it sees a source voltage drop or the HPWC itself overheating?

I'm on an early VIN P85D with firmware .36. I'm seeing a weird shudder when the car is stopped or I allow the car to roll backwards at a full stop. The traction control lights kick in and then eventually recover.

This may be a known defect in .21 and .36; corrected in .46. Vibration between 3 and 4 mph while coasting to a stop - affects all dual motor configs with range mode and creep set to off. You are the first person to mention seeing the traction control lights. Check out the following thread for more details and to confirm if you have the same problem http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/51909-Vibration-at-3-4-mph-at-the-end-of-regenerative-braking

This may be a known defect in .21 and .36; corrected in .46. Vibration between 3 and 4 mph while coasting to a stop - affects all dual motor configs with range mode and creep set to off. You are the first person to mention seeing the traction control lights. Check out the following thread for more details and to confirm if you have the same problem http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/51909-Vibration-at-3-4-mph-at-the-end-of-regenerative-braking

Hard to tell. It may be similar. I think I'm seeing the traction control lights go on when I accelerate out of the shudder, say at a rolling stop sign or when the car rolls back. Only started seeing it in .36.

Will check out this weekend here with my 70D. For now, the 50% charge has been exactly the same though with 2.5.46 for about a week now. Still 120 miles each time fully charged to 50%. My first 100% was 246, and last one was 240.

EDIT: My 100% took me up to only 238 Rated Miles this time. It sat there charging at 1-2 amps at end and I didn't have time to wait an hour or so for it to finally complete. Maybe the upper area is just needing more use as I typically just charge to 50% nightly right now in Summer, and maybe get down to 30-40% lowest during use most days.

EDIT: My 100% took me up to only 238 Rated Miles this time. It sat there charging at 1-2 amps at end and I didn't have time to wait an hour or so for it to finally complete. Maybe the upper area is just needing more use as I typically just charge to 50% nightly right now in Summer, and maybe get down to 30-40% lowest during use most days.
And what was your 90%?

And now something OT.
i read a piece about li-ion batteries today. You should actually keep them above 60% to make them last as long as possible.

Hard to tell. It may be similar. I think I'm seeing the traction control lights go on when I accelerate out of the shudder, say at a rolling stop sign or when the car rolls back. Only started seeing it in .36.

Had a surprise this afternoon when traction control activated on a dry surface while under mild acceleration. The car very sluggish and I thought I had some sort of power failure.

Had a surprise this afternoon when traction control activated on a dry surface while under mild acceleration. The car very sluggish and I thought I had some sort of power failure.

Yeah, I've had this happen to me once. It was while merging into another roard from a T junction. Scared me for a second because it wouldn't accelerate for a second or two and I thought I would stall in the middle of the two way road. 2 seconds later, everything was normal. Phew :/