Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't? That seems like a pretty daft omission! Although, in general, turning off remote access is essentially grounds for complaint anyway and if the valet mode at least makes the Tesla drive like a smart car that might be good enough protection.

I've heard that it does.
Have to wait until somebody that has it to verify one way or the other.

Here are the notes from my autopilot-equipped P85:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Initial comments:

1) Valet mode grays out your speedo above 70 mph and above 80 kW. I floored my P85 with Valet mode on. There was a slow ramp up to slightly above 80kW (Edit: it's around 120kW max). No way any Valet is going to be peeling out or do any impressive acceleration maneuvers with it on.

2) TACC is smoother when "catching up" to a car in front of you or following it. Other situations could still use some tweaking, but this aspect definitely seems to be better.

3) The 30 seconds of TACC while stopped before it goes into "Hold" mode is NICE! I got caught in stop-n-go on I-64 this afternoon. When it held for 30 seconds, it was great. But after a few times it switched to using a 5 second delay before switching to hold. Will try rebooting. (Looks like it uses 30 secs "if the weather is clear"...implying it switches to the shorter timeout in poor weather. It was sunny today, so not sure why it switched.

4) I have the REUS sound built up from the basic sound package. I didn't notice a difference with the new codec (and I listen to FLACs and can usually hear the difference between a 128 and 192 kbs MP3...so I'm not entirely deaf in that area :).

5) Blind spot visual isn't quite noticible enough in my opinion....but it was fine. I need more time with it.

6) glad the cruise light no longer illuminates on the stalk. Couldn't see it anyway.

7) didn't have any false alarms on the emergency braking or forward collision sensors, so good there so far.

Last edited:
For anybody who uses cruise control as part of their regular route (to/from work or whatever), I'd love to hear if Valet Mode is more efficient (due to the "must maintain speed" potentially being less aggressive on hills).

For anybody who uses cruise control as part of their regular route (to/from work or whatever), I'd love to hear if Valet Mode is more efficient (due to the "must maintain speed" potentially being less aggressive on hills).

I actually was just thinking this. I could see myself using this on a trip to keep myself in check.

Edit: Looks like P85D just started downloading an update! :D

Edit2: Holy crap, it says it will take 2 hours and 15 minutes! Edit3: (Image)

2015-03-30 19.17.53-crophighlight.jpg

Last edited:
I use the TACC for my commute. I do 80 miles each way between work and home and it's a life saver. My wife says I'm happier when I get home and my staff has said that I used to turn purple when I got mad, now I just turn red. My car is updating now, I'll try this on my way home and report.

I will say this:

It's going to be interesting to see how the Blind Spot Detection is going to work when driving in and out of LA traffic. What is considered cutting off in Nebraska is just changing lanes here in LA. Can we adjust the sensitivity?

I feel the sound is not as "spatially open" on usb flac and mp3. It may be in my head. But I liked old sound better. I have uhf.

Don't see improved radio reception. And now when signal is lost the classic radio static sound comes on. Used to be silent in non reception zones.

Tacc seems smoother.

Last edited:
Got the notification today morning, and installed while I was at work.
Few things I noticed:
- Start-up from energy-saving mode is much faster. This really makes energy-saving more usable in practice.
- I didn't get annoying forward-collision warnings (which I used to get) when other cars merged into my lane while I was using TACC.
- TACC is smoother, as others have observed.
- The blind spot indication (white line on dash) seems to work accurately but is not easily noticeable. I'm not sure what they mean by "collision with a vehicle in your blind spot is likely"; two red arcs, vibration, chime etc., are supposed to warn you in this situation. I put my turn signal on when there was a car in my blind spot, and I didn't get the red arcs, so I guess that only happens when you actually change into the lane occupied by that car, and/or get too close to it?

- The blind spot indication (white line on dash) seems to work accurately but is not easily noticeable. I'm not sure what they mean by "collision with a vehicle in your blind spot is likely"; two red arcs, vibration, chime etc., are supposed to warn you in this situation. I put my turn signal on when there was a car in my blind spot, and I didn't get the red arcs, so I guess that only happens when you actually change into the lane occupied by that car, and/or get too close to it?

That's what hat I would guess as well. I'd get annoyed quickly if the steering wheel vibrated and a chime was heard every single time I enabled my turn signal in the direction in which another vehicle was beside me.

Care to try faking a collision and get dangerously close to another car next to you to see if it works that way? ;-) Didn't think so!

Do people really have a need in the US to go over 135? I hit 108 once. And have been over 100 less times than I can count on both hands in 2 years of ownership.

Is there a dialog that shows up on the screen now when your car is downloading?