Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update installed. Didn't try the TACC, but at about 85MPH it tells you that blind spot monitoring is disabled. Can't feel any difference at all in 0-60, but I wouldn't expect to be able to tell. Also, probably all in my head, but feels a tiny bit faster from 70-ish. Perhaps someone can validate that with the right testing equipment.

efcd34d0161e076759d03e51953b56e8.jpg

Update installed. Didn't try the TACC, but at about 85MPH it tells you that blind spot monitoring is disabled. Can't feel any difference at all in 0-60, but I wouldn't expect to be able to tell. Also, probably all in my head, but feels a tiny bit faster from 70-ish. Perhaps someone can validate that with the right testing equipment.

Blind spot monitoring disabled at 85 prior to this (.153) update.

I tested it and it goes 0-60 in 4.4 seconds in Sport mode.

85D 0-60 MPH 4.4s Sport Acceleration confirmed

The feeling is very uncomfortable... not insane or nausea inducing but felt dangerous. I don't hope to fully punch it or use it in Sport mode in day to day driving. Even taking the video took me a few tries because my hands would move away. It's like P85D but with one missing option.

I did a short test and I can't wait to get it out on the highway later on today or this weekend. WOW! I felt a very similar feeling in my stomach just like when I launched a P85D in Insane Mode. I can't believe how fast the S85D is now. Holy Shiiit! I would not be surprised if the S85D with the Sport Mode acceleration setting "on" is really just 1 and 2/10ths of a second slower to 60 than the P85D in Insane Mode.

So far it looks like Tesla is continuing the pattern of separate release trains.
.124 was mostly for autopilot equipped cars - a few non-AP cars received it, but mostly at SC.
.136 was mostly for non-AP cars - a few AP cars received it, but again mostly at SC
.153 is so far only for dual motor cars (which are all AP).