Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dirkhh - I have added this most recent update to the tracker, and I realized that I erroneously posted that my last two updates came by Wifi. This is incorrect, they came across 3G. I couldn't see how to correct this, so hoping you can help me here so the data stays as accurate as possible. Thanks again for creating this great tracker!

If you go and enter another firmware update with the same build and install date, it will replace the existing one.

But these days, there isn't a measureable difference between people getting updates between 3G and Wifi like there used to be.

I fully agree, I have a log of a S85 hiting 338kW (in fact, sustained). I'll compare the ramp up but yeah I don't understand why there is so little difference from a S85 and a P85 in terms of peak power.

Very interesting noting the disparity between my measurement of 313 kW at 97% and warm temps (~70 F). One theory I have is Tesla upgraded the DU inverter and it now has slightly higher efficiency at peak power draw. That would explain why you only see 345 kW compared to 363 kW measured in brianman's Sig and it would also explain why I see 313 instead of 338 kW.

Still confused as to why an S85 has much slower ramp up to peak compared to a P85. TC should be the only limiting factor in ramp up to peak power draw.

Definitely seems there is a geographic aspect in play also for the update cadence - got my first update today and went from .124 to .188 - had the car on well working wifi for a few weeks, so wifi vs 3G does not seem to be that important (I got .188 over 3G when parked at the airport for a few days...). Updated the tracker.

Just installed .188 and either that update or .160 seems to have fixed the bug in "submarine mode" where if you entered the 007 code while the Suspension controls page was open, it would display a submarine with a wheel on it (or a car with no wheel when you turned it off). Glad to see software developers at Tesla are fixing the critical bugs :wink:. Now they need to get someone to drop that leading zero on the clock!

Finally moved from .153 to .188 today. Suspected that the download may have been suspended just as it was in the past with a 6.1 version - Tesla service had recommended rebooting the touchscreen at that time to resume the download. After waiting patiently for a few days despite all the reports of .188, decided to reboot the screen and voila, while the car was parked near my workplace gym, the .188 download succeeded.

Does anybody know or have heard that Tesla is planning any performance improvements to the P85 models anytime soon? All performance updates have gone to either the P85D or the non-performance models....

Hi from Buckeye! :)

I also have a P85 and would like some love, but the performance improvements so far have only been to the dual motor fleet. Elon did say that the P85D performance improvement would benefit the P85 "to a lesser extent" because we only have one motor/inverter versus the two in the AWD models. Whatever improvement the P85D received in terms of its rear motor performance should also have translated to the P85, but the lack of a front motor/inverter in our cars will limit the amount of improvement.

I've accepted that Tesla can tweak the AWD models and squeeze out more performance because of the dual motor design, and that there is very little they can do to improve performance of our singe-motor cars. I'd love to be wrong, and hope there are surprises in the works. But I plan for the worst and hope for the best. :)

Hi from Buckeye! :)

I also have a P85 and would like some love, but the performance improvements so far have only been to the dual motor fleet. Elon did say that the P85D performance improvement would benefit the P85 "to a lesser extent" because we only have one motor/inverter versus the two in the AWD models. Whatever improvement the P85D received in terms of its rear motor performance should also have translated to the P85, but the lack of a front motor/inverter in our cars will limit the amount of improvement.

I've accepted that Tesla can tweak the AWD models and squeeze out more performance because of the dual motor design, and that there is very little they can do to improve performance of our singe-motor cars. I'd love to be wrong, and hope there are surprises in the works. But I plan for the worst and hope for the best. :)
What? You in some kind of hurry?:wink:

On the .188 firmware, I'm seeing improved performance of the Active Blind Spot detection. Model S correctly identified vehicles entering and exiting my blindspot up to 75mph. Prior to this update, at 75mph, I would see many failures of the system.

I have also noticed the Blind Spot Monitoring System being much more accurate since the update.

Does anyone have any idea when we can expect 6.3? or 7.0?

Does anyone have any idea when we can expect 6.3? or 7.0?

Nope. :)

Wonder if Tesla engineers are doing it right in terms of source code management given that the X is just a few months away. I hope that they are going to work with a single code line for both the S and the X (with whatever feature's appropriate for each vehicle). The release of 7.0 may coincide with that of the X.